I like the in-betweens, I like the time it takes

It felt odd being in an atmosphere like the one around me, the air felt thick and suffocating with the joy surrounding my wallowing misery like I was a singular dark cloud floating in an otherwise brilliantly bright blue sky. My stomach turned at the thought of my mother's messages and voicemails, probably screaming ones, she was leaving. My phone contained to ring and vibrate, after the first call, I switched it just to vibrate not wanting everyone to be annoyed with the constant bombardment from my ringer.

The guys ended up not being able to pick a movie or show so as we always did when we couldn't agree, we turned on a kids cartoon. It was weirdly indulgent of us to all be teenagers on the verge of adulthood watching shows that were meant for age groups younger than my brother. I watched with vague interest watching but not really paying attention to the animated show that was supposed to mirror a reality TV show. I secretly still liked watching most cartoons because it was like a break from reality, cleansing our minds with something bright and light that didn't require much attention and was just childish enough that it could help turn off your brain but still adult enough that it wasn't annoying or stupid. I hated the stuff my brother watched but enjoyed things from when I was younger or even before that. Kid's shows were like my guilty pleasure, normally the TV I watched was something plot heavy with deep charsticization and heavy topics but sometimes I just needed to watch a show about a kid with a talking dog and two genius sisters that used him as a lab rat.

"I'd hit that," Kenny said breaking me from my deep trance-like state reflecting on aspects of my childhood I missed the most; when the world didn't feel like it was on my back. I missed days when I wasn't overthinking my life plan, worried about what I would do after high school, or planning every detail of my life because that's what everyone wants from you at a certain point. Of course, I was still an anoxosius kid but less so now.

"Kenneth-" Cartman sighed breathing deeply. "That is a two-dimensional animated character fro a kid's show."

"Okay and? It may be a kid's show but she's also sixteen with a RACK!" Kenny punctuated his point with a while.

"That's not a rack dude, that's a fucking shelf," Stan interjected laughing and getting a chuckle out of everyone else.

"True, but still if she was real, her tits would be like..." Kenny placed his hand on his chin trying to find the right words to describe the girl. "eh doesn't;t matter point in case, she'd have big titties and I'd totally hit."

"Like you'd even have a chance hot shot," Stan grinned stupidly.

"Oh I'd totally have a chance," Kenny replied wiggling his eyebrows, "I'd work my magic and kablamo, she's in my bed naked," he grinned.

"Ew Kenny!" Butters protested grimacing.

"I could and would hit that, all I'm saying," Kenny shrugged.

"You say that about everyone Kenny you're a whore," Cartman said blankly.

"not as big of one as your mom," Kenny snipped back sticking his tongue out.

"Stop talking about my meem like that!" he squealed in response.

The stupid teasing fights contained. I was lost in my own world only being brought out by the sense I'd just witnessed between the other three people in the room but now I was more aware of what was happening. I felt the warmth of Stan's body pressed against my side, his arm still snaked around me, his hand resting on my bicep. Cartman squealed about his mom and dropped me back into my own personal hellscape, the vibrating in my pocket yet again persistent as always, announcing that I was a dead man walking.

"Okay seriously dude, who is blowing up you're phone, no one gets this many spam calls," Stan said clearly getting annoyed with the situation.

"I'm sure it's nothing," I tried to dismiss him.