I wanna contribute to the chaos, I don't wanna watch and then complain

I had been mindlessly scrolling through various forms of social media for I didn't even know how long.

"Okay, I've fucking had it with you, Stanley!" Kenny barged into my room and I jumped a little bit. He looked at me and got wide-eyed he opened his mouth but before anything could come out I stopped him.

"Don't" I glared. He jokingly put his hands up as a surrender.

"Wasn't gonna say anything," he laughed.

"So can I help you or did you just wanna stare?" I asked annoyed.

"Oh yeah like I was saying, I've fucking had it with you Stan! this is pathetic! I haven't seen or heard from you in a week dude I wanted to give you some space but then I had to make sure you weren't like, hanging from your ceiling fan." he laughed at himself.

"Still here," giving him eye daggers.

"Get your shit we're going,"

"Where?"

"Just get your shit dude, you need to get out."

"Dude I really don't feel like it," I sighed

"Not an option!" Kenny grabbed me by the arm and drug me to my feet. He gave me a little twirl and danced, he was in an oddly good mood. Closely looking at his face I saw how red his eyes were and knew he was high. Kenny continued to hum and dance around waltzing out of my room as he waited for me.

"Stan, do you still play guitar?" The question seemed so random.

"Uh yeah, why?"

"Good I still play bass," he said singsongy, "Oh yeah and I told Clyde we could play at his dumb party, something about bAbEs LiKe gUyS wHo cAn PlAy," he said mockingly

"Goddamn it, you drug me out of my house to go to fucking one of Clyde's parties? And why did you tell him that? We haven't like playing together in like..." I had to think about it for a long while.

"Fourth grade that time with Jimmy on drums and Butters on back up but it's not like we didn't keep playing together," he stopped and flashed a smile putting his finger to his chin like he was thinking really hard. "And I think we both played enough guitar hero to remember what to do, plus if Clyde is right maybe I can get your miserable ass laid," he raised his eyebrows at me wink laughing at himself.

When Kenny was high it was honestly entertaining to me, like Craig he became a different type of person. He became looser even more carefree than before. He danced, hummed, and sang, all his movements became amazingly flowy. He would start to act like life was a Disney movie and he could take on the world. He could do anything and it didn't matter what it was or how dumb it was.

I laughed at the guitar hero comment until the pang in my chest hit, Kyle, we had been really good at that game when we were younger, we had almost gotten famous from it but like now I ditched him. At least there's gonna be alcohol.

We stood outside Clyde's house, I could hear music from outside and it already seemed like one of those raging house parties from every teen movie ever. Weak dude. Kenny grabbed me by my wrist and took me inside. It was hot in the house and crowded we had to scream at each other just to be heard. Kenny went on a search for Clyde and I thought about what he said, maybe I could get laid tonight, I could use a distraction. I looked over and saw Kenny pushing through the crowd with a guitar case in one hand and a red cup in the other.

"Here you are," he happily shoved the guitar at me, "oh, and loosen the fuck up!" He handed me the cup. Without thinking I quickly drank the liquid. We made our way to the living room where Clyde was waiting. He gave me a drunken smile and threw his arms around me.

"Oh my god Stan! I'm so glad you're here I haven't seen you in forever!" Kenny laughed as Clyde peeled himself off me. "I think you guys should have everything you need right?"

Two amps, a tangle of cords, and a microphone probably a shitty one. I saw Kenny's bass guitar leaning against the wall, he must have brought it ahead of time. It was beaten up and covered in stickers. I remembered buying it at the thrift store with all my allowance money and an advance from my mom. Kenny had been so happy when I gave it to him and taught himself quickly using YouTube tutorials to help him.He was already looking for an aux cord to get set up.

"Ken, what are we even going to play?" I shouted over the music.

"How the fuck should I know," he was preoccupied with his cords.

"Because you fucking got us into this,"

"Okay well," he trailed off and threw a cord at me the guitar in the case must have been electric. "I got it! We can play like anything by The Offspring, name a song I probably have it memorized," he said excitedly. I set down the guitar on the floor and opened the case, it was an electric guitar. It was thin and red and looked pretty new not like mine at home which was acoustic. I ran my finger over the strings before getting set up.

"Kenny the only Offspring song I can think of is 'Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)'."

"So I guess we're playing it!" I picked up the guitar and put my fingers in the strings trying to recall the tabs for the song before I gave up and searched for them on the internet, they looked easy enough.

"Hey are you guys almost ready?" Clyde whined at us, "I told a bunch of chicks I was gonna have live music chicks love that!"

"Yes cry baby we almost got it all set up!" Kenny yelled back as I messed with the cords and began to adjust the amps.

"Don't call me cry baby!" Clyde whined.

"Then don't act like one!" Kenny snipped back, they started going back and forth for a little bit more I sighed but still couldn't help but smile a little bit.

"Get me another drink and we'll be set, you know for confidence," I said interrupting. Clyde huffed at Kenny and left when he came back he turned off the music and handed me a cup. Everyone turned to look at the sudden change of volume. Kenny leaned into the microphone while I emptied the cup in three big gulps.

"We are Sexambob and we're here to make you make you think about getting sad and stuff!" Kenny yelled quoting one of his favorite movies.

"You better fucking not be!" Clyde cried out. I shoved Kenny out of the way.

"He's an idiot ignore him," I said monotone into the mic. Kenny gave us a silent count and he started the first song. My fingers moved clumsily over the strings changing the positions. I was starting to feel more relaxed as Kenny and I took turns singing, both yelling our favorite part of the song.

"HE'S GETTING A TATTOO HE'S GETTING INK DONE! HE ASK FOR A THIRTEEN BUT GOT A THIRTY-ONE!!!" We screamed.

No one seemed to care about how bad Kenny and I sounded.

When the song ended I scanned the crowd and Clyde threw us and thumbs-up as he was now in a group of four different girls. I laughed and tapped Kenny on the shoulder directing his look to Clyde.

"Ha! Guess he was right," I laughed. We picked another few songs and I took another couple of drinks for confidence as I had told Kenny and Clyde. We kept playing and my playing kept getting sloppier Kenny gave me a funny look occasionally as I'd hiccup through the song but I'd smile and we'd move on. No one seemed to notice anyway we would finish a song and they would cheer for us.

"Ken I need a break," I said out of breath almost. He nodded and announced our break into the microphone. I walked through the house slightly stumbling, and that's when I saw him, Kyle fuck he's beautiful, I felt my mouth open slightly in an awe-struck sort of way. I watched him and he danced around with Tolkien?!? Tolkien held up Kyle's hand above his head as Kyle spun around.

His face was red with laughter as he twirled out of Tolkien's arm, they broke apart and swayed some more together. What the fuck is happening? There was this weird lang of jealousy in my stomach now as I watched them together.

"Hey Stan!" Kenny yelled grabbing my shoulder slightly startling me, "Ready to get back to it?" We had to yell again since Clyde had turned the music back on.

"I think I'm going to be sick," I mumbled holding my stomach. Kenny looked where I was looking and looked back to me his face was soft and empathetic.

"Talk to him," he nudged. Instead, I ran away to throw up.