You were just the thing I need to wash my hands with.

I hoped that coming home I didn't wake up my parents of Ike. My lip was split and the blood from my nose was mixing with the blood from my lip. I wouldn't let Tweek or Butters help clean me I just wanted to leave and I just kept going despite their protesting. I laid on my couch and started to cry. I could feel my left eye starting to swell along with all the busies starting to form. My shirt had blood on it already so I took it off and used it to try and clean up my face slightly.

The stairs creaked, "Kyle?" A small tired voice called down. Shit.

"Oh, Ike! I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up!" I tried to sound as level as possible and whipped the tears from my eyes. "Go back to bed buddy," I called back to him. But rather than retreating he made his way down the stairs and gasped when he saw me.

"Kyle! What happened!" He looked scared. I tried to cover my face and make it look like I hadn't been crying.

"Ike it's okay just go back upstairs I'm fine," I mumbled, "fuck moms gonna have a field day with this," I sighed. Ike grabbed my hand wrapping his small fingers around mine.

"Kyle?"

"I got into a fight with Stan," I choked on a sob. Ike hugged me tight. I hugged him back. Ike was the best brother I could ever ask for, even if he was adopted it didn't matter.

"Did you beat Stan's ass?" He asked. I laughed a little bit and relaxed a slight bit.

"Yeah," I lied, "I got him pretty good," Ike was my little brother and I know he looked up to me. I didn't want him to know for some reason I actually didn't even fight back, I didn't want Ike to see how hurt I really was right now.

"Good," was all he said before he turned away, I assumed to go back upstairs and back to sleep. Instead, he walked into the kitchen and I heard the faucet turn on and then off again. Ike came back and put a warm washcloth under my nose.

"No, Ike," I took the washcloth from him, "your not supposed to be doing that ugh I'm your big brother your not supposed to be cleaning me up," I kind of laughed a little.

"Yeah Kyle your my big brother, it's our job to take care of each other."

I wipers my face the best I could with the warm washcloth as Ike sat beside me watching. I picked him up and place him on my back. He laughed as I gave him a piggyback ride up to his room. He was getting too heavy to easily pick up but I still tried my best.

"Good night Ike, and uh don't tell Mom about this?" He made the motion for zipping his lips and locking them, I smiled at him with a tired smile. I love that kid more than anything I thought walking into my room. I'd do anything for my brother and he'd do anything for me.

My room wasn't completely dark so by the light of some ferry lights I managed to make my way to my bed and collapsed into it. I hurt all over but now that I was able to fully process the fact that Stan beat the shit out of me I was angry. Using the mirror on the back of my door I finished cleaning up my face and thought about what I'd tell my parents. I looked rough and there wasn't going to be any way to hide it. I cycled through possible stories, blame it on Craig? Then my mom would call his mom and then he'd actually beat me up, baseball? No, they know none of us liked playing when they finally let me quit. Eric? Yeah, that could work I got into a fight with Cartman that's not totally out of character. We fight all the time.

Since it was the only thing I could think of I decided to go with it. I sunk into my bed and let my thoughts go. I was so mad at Stan, and I was mad at Wendy, maybe she had a point but if I never said anything then maybe I wouldn't have a black eye. Lately, there was been something weird between Stan and me. There was a tension I couldn't place, the way he was always looking at me and how I felt when he looked at me. I started feeling this way a little over a year ago. When he'd look at me I'd stare sometimes in awe until one of our faces turned red. I'd catch myself staring frequently and Stan was usually somewhere in my mind.

around Stan just the two of us, I started getting jealous when he hung out with Kenny more than me but let it go because I'd get super weird. When I was with Stan it was like the whole world stopped, my heartbeat would be in my ears and my face would get flushed. Everyone feels like that about their best friend tho. All guys hate their best friend's girlfriend and wish she'd go away, everyone looks at their best friend and gets embarrassed when they notice it's all totally normal. We all get a bit flustered being stared at.