[18] Recruitment attempt no.2

Sera's eyes flashed, and she slammed her hands on the table, standing up. "Again? Are you serious?" she asked incredulously. "Last time was a complete disaster! No one wanted to join us because of your tier!"

I shrugged. "That's true, but I'm E-tier now," I replied with a grin. "Maybe we'll have a better chance this time."

She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "You really think your one-tier improvement will make a difference? Well, I'll try again," she said, her cheeks reddening slightly. "But I'm doing this for the mission, not for you!"

"Of course, Sera," I said, grinning. "I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

With a final huff, she spun on her heel and marched off to recruit again. Whether it was the fact that I had leveled up or simply her unwavering determination, I had a feeling we'd have more success this time around.

***

Sera walked up to a duo who seemed to be discussing a quest, clearing her throat to gain their attention. "Excuse me," she began, her voice firm yet courteous, "My partner and I are seeking additional members for our team. Would you be interested in joining us?"

The duo exchanged glances before looking her up and down. "Who's your partner?" one of them asked, his tone dismissive.

"Over there," she pointed towards me, keeping her expression neutral. "His name is Chang, an E-tier Swordsman."

At this, both adventurers laughed out loud, shaking their heads as if they couldn't believe what they were hearing. "E-tier?" the second one echoed, the mockery clear in his voice. "You want us to join a team led by an E-tier? Thanks but no thanks, girl."

Despite the blatant disrespect, Sera held her ground. "Chang is stronger than his tier suggests. He's shown great capabilities..."

But the duo was already walking away, not bothering to let her finish. She tried with other adventurers as well - a small group of magic users, a lone archer, a trio of warriors. But the answer was always the same: laughter and dismissal.

With each rejection, Sera's frustration grew more visible. By the time she returned to our table, her cheeks were flushed, and her silver eyes sparkled with defiance. "This is pointless," she grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest. "No one takes us seriously because of your tier!"

"Let's have a dinner break shall we?"

"I am not paying the bill again!" Sera looked like she was ready to rip me apart.

"Don't worry, its my treat this time." I said.

"Hmph! That's more like it, now lead the way!" she said.

Q: Do you get rejected often?