[108] A hero's welcome

We then arrived Roma. After docking our ships at the sky docks of Roma, we stepped of our flying ship, the white phoenix. We then entered the local tavern that we previous went to: The gladiator.

As soon as we entered the bustling tavern, the lively chatter quieted down, replaced by an almost eerie silence. Eyes turned to us, lingering on our faces, recognizing us from the Adventure Times article.

"Hey, isn't that them?" One of the patrons broke the silence, pointing a shaky finger at us.

"Yeah, that's them! They're the ones who freed the slaves from Maroth!" Another voice chimed in. A murmur of agreement spread throughout the room, turning into a round of applause.

The bartender, a burly man with a bushy beard, wiped his hands on his apron and beamed at us. "The heroes of the hour! Welcome to our humble tavern," he called out. "Drinks are on the house for you today!"

I raised my hand, smiling at the crowd. "Thank you for the warm welcome," I replied, looking around at the friendly faces. "We're just glad we could do some good."

Sera, Kuroko, Aurelia, and Lila looked at each other, then at me, grinning. It was a warm, contagious kind of happiness that spread throughout the room. "To doing some good!" Aurelia announced, raising her glass.

"To doing some good!" the tavern echoed in unison.

***

As the girls drank away, an old man leaned on the bar next to me, his eyes glinting with excitement as he relayed the information to us. "This year's tournament is going to be an absolute spectacle, make no mistake," he stated, the corners of his mouth upturning in a small, knowing smile.

"The top 64 champions of the arenas around the globe over the past four years have been invited. And let me tell you, the competition is fierce. All those competing, other than you, are at least SSS tier." The patrons around the bar exchanged glances, their eyes widening in surprise. The room filled with low murmurs and whispers.

He took a swig of his ale, letting the information sink in before continuing, "And that's not all. Several L tier fighters will be participating too." He added, his voice dropping to an awed whisper.

I felt my breath hitch at his words. L tier. The pinnacle of power, the epitome of strength. This wasn't going to be just any other tournament.

"But don't you worry," he continued, turning his eyes back to me. "If anyone can stand their ground against those brutes, it's you. We're all rooting for you, Chang!"

His words were met with cheers and clapping, filling the tavern with an air of anticipation and hope.

***

After bidding the boisterous tavern-goers goodnight, we wound our way through the labyrinthine streets of Roma, following the directions the innkeeper had provided. The city was quiet, the moonlight casting long, dappled shadows on the cobbled stones beneath our feet.

At last, we arrived at the luxury hotel. Its elegant facade gleamed under the soft glow of street lamps. A grand arched entrance opened into a lavish lobby adorned with gilded accents and richly woven tapestries.

We checked in at the marble reception desk, where a friendly concierge greeted us warmly and handed over the key to the presidential suite. I nodded at the girls and led them towards the gold-plated elevator, its doors opening with a soft, welcoming ding.

The suite was on the topmost floor. As the elevator doors slid open, we were met with a panoramic view of Roma's glittering cityscape through the floor-to-ceiling windows. The suite was breathtaking; high ceilings, lush furnishings, a fully equipped kitchen, and several spacious bedrooms, each with their own private bathrooms. The centerpiece was a grand living area, adorned with plush velvet couches and a roaring fireplace.

We each chose a bedroom and began to settle in, our minds already preoccupied with the approaching tournament. Despite the opulence surrounding us, an underlying current of anticipation ran through the air. The day had been long, and the tournament was just around the corner. It was time to rest and prepare for what lay ahead.

Q: What is dream bedroom design?