[141] Messenger

We were back in the cabin of the white phoenix. As we were in the midst of our celebration, a sudden thud against the window of the cabin drew our attention. I turned to see an unusual six-eyed crow fluttering against the glass, its sharp beak tapping persistently. An unexpected visitor indeed.

"Lila," I called out, gesturing towards the crow. The soft-spoken girl nodded, quickly getting up from her spot and moving towards the window.

With a gentleness that came so naturally to her, Lila unlatched the window, allowing it to swing open. The crow, sensing the invitation, stopped its frantic beating against the glass. It hovered for a moment, then gracefully swooped inside.

With a few beats of its wings, the crow settled down onto the table amongst our celebration, its six eyes looking around curiously. A strange, yet intriguing interruption to our festivities.

With an air of surprising elegance, the crow extended its wings, stretching them to their full span. It closed its eyes for a moment before opening all six of them, each gaze directed at me. Its beak opened, and a voice, far more refined than one would anticipate from a bird, echoed through the room.

"I bear a message from Asus, the Demon Prince of Temptation," the crow announced, its voice commanding the attention of everyone present. There was a sudden silence as we all listened.

"Your presence is requested in Mamoth, one week from today, at six in the evening. The Ball of Kings shall be held," the bird delivered the message clearly, each word lingering in the air like an impending prophecy. Its delivery concluded, the crow returned its gaze to me, the six eyes reflecting a challenge.

The room fell into a stunned silence. The mention of Asus, the Demon Prince of Temptation, cast a solemn tone over our recent victory celebrations. The prospect of a meeting with a figure as powerful and enigmatic as Asus brought with it a mix of anticipation and concern. But it seemed there was no choice; a message delivered in such a manner could not be ignored.

As the six-eyed crow flew out of the open window, disappearing into the sky, the room fell into a sudden silence. Then, slowly, the girls began to speak, their voices filled with a mixture of concern and curiosity.

"A Ball of Kings?" Sera was the first to break the silence, her tone filled with a hint of trepidation. "And a message from Asus himself? That's... unexpected."

Kuroko, on the other hand, couldn't hide her excitement. "Wow, an invitation from the Demon Prince himself!" she exclaimed, her eyes gleaming. "This must be a pretty big deal. You did fight him in the Grand Tournament, after all."

"An opportunity to meet other kings, it's not something to take lightly," Aurelia chimed in, her fiery personality replaced with a solemn tone. "Who knows what Asus is planning? After all, he's a prince of temptation."

Lila, meanwhile, had been quietly listening, and finally spoke up. "Master, this is a dangerous game we're being invited to," she said softly. "But if anyone can handle it, it's you."

As their words hung in the air, I realized the enormity of the situation. An invitation from Asus himself wasn't to be taken lightly. But then again, what choice did we really have?

A steely determination passed over my face as I looked at each of them. "Well, there is only one way to find out," I stated firmly, my tone leaving no room for debate. "We can't ignore such an invitation. This is a golden opportunity to gather information about Asus's intentions, and possibly gain the upper hand."

I then turned my gaze towards the vast open sea visible from our cabin window, my voice steady and confident as I issued the command. "We are going to Mamoth, girls. Set sail!"

The girls looked at each other, a new spark of excitement igniting in their eyes. Sera, Kuroko and Aurelia immediately stood up from their seats, their faces reflecting determination. Lila, quiet as usual, nodded solemnly, her fingers nervously twisting a strand of her hair.

The cabin then filled with a flurry of activity, as we all began preparing for the journey to Mamoth, unknowing of what awaited us there.

Q: What would be your preferred method of transportation in a fantasy world?