[160] Back and forth

As the crowd's excited chatter began to fade, the dealer cleared his throat, signaling the beginning of the next round. "The bet starts with Asus," he declared, flipping over the top card of the deck before dealing the next set of cards to Asus and me.

Asus studied his cards with a smile playing on his lips. His fingers tapped the table rhythmically, making the crowd hold their breath in anticipation. "One chip," he finally announced, sliding a chip towards the center of the table.

The dealer nodded, turning to me as Asus's chip clinked against the polished surface of the table. "Your bet, Yi-Fei," he said.

Once again, all eyes turned to me as I mulled over my cards and the wager set before me. The tension in the room was palpable, yet, under the scrutiny of countless eyes, I managed to keep my cool. This was a game of wits and patience, after all, and I was determined to give my best.

As the tension in the room grew, I matched Asus' bet without hesitation. "One chip," I declared, pushing a single chip from my pile towards the center of the table with a practiced flick of my wrist.

The crowd murmured in anticipation, the sound echoing like a soft tide against the walls of the casino. My action had been expected, yet there was no denying the air of suspense that had settled around us. I locked eyes with Asus, my expression as unreadable as his. He returned my gaze, a slight smirk playing on his lips as if he was enjoying every moment of the tension filled silence.

The dealer nodded, acknowledging my bet. "The bet is matched," he announced, turning to Asus. "It's your turn, Asus." The game was far from over, and everyone in the room knew it. Every move, every decision, could change the tide of the game in a heartbeat.

With an air of quiet confidence, Asus laid his cards on the table, revealing his winning hand. The crowd gasped in surprise and excitement, the room filling with a wave of whispered comments and speculations. The dragonkin's smirk widened into a triumphant grin, his eyes flashing with glee.

The dealer, a stern-faced beastkin with a professional demeanor, nodded gravely as he eyed Asus's hand. "Round to Asus," he announced, his deep voice cutting through the murmuring crowd.

Carefully, he pushed the pile of chips towards Asus, increasing the demon's stake by one. "It appears we're tied again," Asus gloated, casting a challenging glance my way.

The crowd watched in bated anticipation, whispers rising and falling with every turn of the card. My poker face remained, unruffled by Asus's taunt. It was just the beginning, after all, and the game was far from decided.

Q: Are you good at card games?