[173] The dragonbrone assault

From within the mass of the dark fleet, there was an eerie stirring. The sea and sky seemed to churn and ripple as if reacting to some ominous presence. Then, from the depth of the shadows, a cacophony of screeches filled the air, an ear-piercing, guttural noise that clashed against the roars of the dragons.

Emerging from the demonic fleet were skeleton dragons.

The skeletal dragons were massive creatures, each one easily towering over the battlefield with a wingspan of over a hundred feet. Their bodies were an eerie spectacle, made up entirely of bones that glowed with an ominous, spectral light. Their eye sockets burned with unholy fire, casting an eerie glow that could be seen even from a distance. The sight of these skeletal behemoths, soaring through the air with their bone wings spread wide, was enough to send chills down the spines of even the bravest warriors.

With their massive jaws, they released piercing roars that echoed through the sky. Then, with a thunderous beat of their wings, the skeletal dragons took off, ascending high into the sky before flying towards us.

With the skeleton dragons posing a significant threat, I made a quick decision, lifting my hand high and signaling towards the dragonborne. "Dragonborne, it's time! Engage the enemy!" I commanded through the enchanted orb, my voice amplified and carrying across the battlefield.

Upon my command, the dragonborne swiftly sprung into action. The dragonborne in their dragon form, majestic creatures with scales of various hues glistening under the harsh light of the ongoing conflict, roared in response. Their deafening cries echoed across the field, rising above even the tumultuous noise of battle.

With Aurelia at the lead, the dragonborne took to the skies, their great wings beating powerfully against the wind. The sight was a spectacular contrast - our living dragons, vibrant and fierce, against the eerie, glowing specters of the enemy skeletal dragons.

As the dragonborne closed in on their targets, they let loose torrents of their own elemental breath weapons. Streams of fire, jets of frost, and arcing bolts of lightning rained down upon the skeletal dragons. Some of the dragonborne went in for close combat, their dragon riders unleashing spells and arrows while their dragon mounts clashed talons and jaws with the undead beasts.

The sky became a battleground of its own, filled with whirling, dancing figures locked in a fierce, breathtaking struggle. As the dragonborne fought valiantly, their determination and courage served as a beacon of hope amidst the terrifying presence of the skeletal dragons.

The skies above the battlefield erupted into chaos as the dragonborne clashed with the skeletal dragons. Each dragonborne rider commanded their dragon with an uncanny precision, twisting and spiraling in the air to avoid the bony, clawed swipes of the skeletal foes.

The dragonborne, each skilled in their own elemental specialty, retaliated with gusts of icy wind, jets of scalding flame, and arcs of electricity. The elemental onslaught collided with the skeletal dragons, creating a maelstrom of effects in the sky. Some of the skeletal dragons recoiled and shattered upon impact, their bony fragments plummeting to the sea below, while others retaliated with blasts of dark, necrotic energy.

Close combat was brutal and breathtaking. The dragonborne swooped and dived, their dragons' claws slashing at the skeletal foes. Occasionally, a dragonborne would leap onto a skeletal dragon, a wild, daring move as they drove a weapon into the enemy. Yet, the skeletal dragons were formidable adversaries, their claws slashing and their jaws snapping with deadly intent.

In the chaos, there was a stunning display of aerial acrobatics and tactical maneuvering. The dragonborne spun, dove, and looped in the sky, always one step ahead of the skeletal dragons. It was a clash of living flame and cold bone, a dance of life and death playing out in the turbulent skies above the battlefield.

As the final skeletal dragon crashed to the sea, its bones lost to the ocean, the dragonborne retreated in formation. Their flight was a display of discipline and synchronization as they fell back, retreating from the frontline.

Wingbeats echoed across the battlefield as the dragonborne riders guided their mounts back toward our forces. Some of the dragons bore scars from their clash with the skeletal dragons, their scales marred by claw marks and patches of ice or burn marks from magical attacks. Yet they flew on, determination and pride gleaming in their draconic eyes.

Our army watched as the dragonborne retreated in a wave of wings and fire, their draconic roars echoing across the field. They swooped overhead, casting shadows on the land below, before descending onto the safe zones behind the lines. Their landing was as flawless as their retreat, each dragon touching down with a grace that seemed at odds with their size.

As the last dragon landed, a cheer rose from our troops. We had won this aerial skirmish, but the war was far from over. The image of the dragonborne, standing strong and undefeated, served as a beacon of hope for the battles yet to come.

Q: Are you familiar with medieval warfare?