[15] The next day...

The guild hall was abuzz with chatter and life. Adventurers of various tiers and classes were scattered about, trading tales of their exploits, haggling over rewards, or enjoying the camaraderie found in the shared experiences of quests. The scent of roasting meat from the corner tavern and the clang of metal from the blacksmith's shop outside the hall contributed to the atmosphere of lively activity.

As I pushed open the large, oak doors of the guild hall, the murmur of conversation seemed to falter. One by one, heads turned in my direction. Conversations faltered, the clinking of glasses ceased, and the only sound that filled the room was the crackle of the hearth. Eyes widened, whispers were exchanged, and a bubble of space cleared around me.

A ripple of recognition passed through the crowd. They recognized me, the "F-tier" adventurer from yesterday who had revealed himself to be of a much higher tier. The whisper of my name began to echo around the hall, bouncing off the high ceilings and stone walls.

I scanned the sea of faces turned towards me, some in awe, others in envy, a few in anger, and many more in disbelief. My gaze locked with Sera's for a brief moment. Her eyes twinkled with unspoken amusement and something else...perhaps pride?

Despite the spectacle, I moved forward. Each step echoed in the hushed room, drawing more eyes towards me. The whispers grew, but I held my head high, my expression calm. I was not here for them, after all.

The heavy doors to the guild hall swung open once again, and this time, the B-tier adventurer from our previous encounter strolled in. He was easy to recognize despite the bandages that covered his arm and the new, somewhat tentative way he moved. There was still an air of confidence, but it was no longer the brash arrogance of before. He walked with a more measured pace, his gaze scanning the room.

The moment he locked eyes with me, he stilled for a moment, then took a deep breath and strode over. His walk was not quite as cocky, but he kept his chin high, meeting my gaze squarely. The chatter of the hall dulled again as he stopped in front of me.

"Hey man," he began, his voice steady but strained. "I...owe you an apology. What I did...how I behaved...it was wrong. I judged you by your tier without seeing your true strength."

There was an awkward pause before he cleared his throat, continuing, "You saved my life. And not only that, you made sure my arm was reattached and I was healed. That's... that's not something I expected."

"Apology accepted," I said, folding my arms and offering him a nod of acknowledgment. "Everyone makes mistakes, it's what we learn from them that counts."

The corners of his mouth twitched up into a small, relieved smile. "I appreciate that, and what's your name man?"

"Chang." I said.

"Taron." he shook my hand.

Taron raised an eyebrow, his gaze flickering with suspicion. "Those skills... You took on an A-tier monster like it was nothing," he said, his voice laced with doubt. "There's no way you're just an E-tier."

I shrugged, my face the picture of innocence. "Well, I've always had a knack for combat, you know," I replied nonchalantly. "Maybe I'm just a fast learner."

"Fast learner..." he muttered, scratching his head. "Chang, yesterday you were an F-tier, and today you're telling me you've levelled up to E-tier. All in one day?"

"That's right," I grinned, my eyes twinkling mischievously. "Pretty impressive, huh?"

Taron looked at me for a moment, his eyes scrutinizing. Then he threw his head back and laughed. "Impressive? That's a damn understatement!" He clapped me on the shoulder, a wide grin on his face. "Alright, E-tier it is. But I'm keeping my eyes on you, Chang. Something tells me you're full of surprises."

Taron lifted his crystal orb, its mystical glimmers reflecting on his eyes. He focused on me, and the orb pulsated lightly as it displayed my stats to him.

He looked at the orb and then at me. "I see, you really did level up." Taron said, sounding more convinced, but a glint of suspicion still lurked in his eyes. "Still, those moves yesterday didn't feel like they came from an E-tier. But for now, I'll take your word for it."

After my Taron left to join his buddies, Sera approached me again:

"Why should I be healing people for you for free? Do you know how mana draining that is?" Sera slammed her hand against the table in protest.

"You have a fair point. Come with me." I said, grabbing her wrist and leading her else ware.

Q: Do you let go of offences easily?