[48] How to find a dragon

The old farmer, hunched over his broken fence, eyed us with caution. His weathered hands clutched the handle of his shovel, his only line of defense against a world that had betrayed him.

"Ye lookin' to go after that beast?" His voice was raspy, like the whisper of the wind through dry grass. He squinted at us, clearly skeptical. "Ain't no one gone after that dragon and returned to tell the tale."

"We're not like the others." I reassured him, my voice steady and confident. "We just need to know where it was last seen."

The farmer sighed, the lines on his face deepening with the gesture. "Alright then, don't say I didn't warn ya. Last seen by the Old Miller's Pond. It's just beyond the ridge over there," he said, pointing with his shovel to the north. "I think I need to mention this, that dragon, it only showed up 'bout a week ago."

His words caught our attention. "A week ago?" Kuroko echoed, her brows furrowed.

"Yes," the farmer affirmed, his expression grim. "Before that, the land was peaceful, and the sheep grazed happily. But then... that dragon showed up outta nowhere, started causing all sorts of havoc. We've been losing sheep left and right, and folks are too afraid to step foot on their own fields."

The information was odd. Dragons, especially ones as formidable as an Azure Dragon, did not usually change their hunting grounds abruptly without reason.

"That's strange," Sera muttered, her arms crossed. "Dragons don't usually change their territory unless forced to."

"Perhaps there's more to this dragon than meets the eye," I mused, my gaze thoughtful. "Thank you for the information," I called out to the farmer, who nodded.

"I want you to stay here and help the farmers, Lila." I said.

Lila nodded, her light brown eyes filled with understanding. "Of course, master. I'll do what I can to aid them," she responded, her voice as gentle as the spring breeze.

Turning to the farmer, she politely bowed. "Sir, if you could direct me to those who are most in need of assistance, I would be glad to help."

Lila's dedication to her duties never ceased to impress me, and I could see the relief etching onto the farmer's face as he welcomed her aid.

What a sweet girl...

Q: Do you have a friend like Lila?