[84] The next journey

Once we were all settled into the White Phoenix, the atmosphere lightened up considerably. The familiar hum of the ship's engines and the slight creaking of its wooden panels seemed oddly comforting after the high-stakes excitement of the day.

"Alright, Chang," Aurelia began, her fiery eyes shimmering with amusement. "Receiving a marriage proposal in a tavern. That's a first, even for you."

Lila, ever the peacekeeper, tried to suppress a giggle. "It was certainly unexpected," she said, looking at me with twinkling eyes.

"Who would've thought our oh-so-serious leader was such a heartbreaker?" Sera chimed in, her arms crossed and a teasing smirk on her face.

I couldn't help but laugh. "In my defense, it wasn't part of the plan. And, I didn't outright reject her. I gave her a goal instead."

"That was a smart move," Kuroko said, her analytical mind always at work. "Alicia's determination is a force. Better to give her a challenge than provoke her wrath."

"And, it does mean we might get to see another epic duel," Lila added, a glimmer of excitement in her eyes.

"Just make sure you hold onto your title next time, Dragon Queen," I retorted, shooting a glance at Aurelia.

Aurelia let out a roaring laugh, the sound echoing through the ship. "Noted, Swordsman."

As for Sera, she rolled her eyes and huffed, "Just make sure you're not the one getting defeated next time, Chang."

I laughed. "I'll remember that, Sera." The cabin filled with our shared laughter, lifting the weight of the day from our shoulders. We were a team, after all. Whatever the future held, we'd face it together.

Aurelia broke the laughter with her comment, turning to face me. Her gaze was piercing, "There's no point for you to pretend to be a 'noob' anymore, human. Tens of thousands of people watched you wield an SS-tier power today," she remarked, her tone hinting at a mix of reproach and intrigue.

I met her stare without flinching. A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips as I shrugged, "True, my cover as a noob might be blown in the arena, but the rest of the world doesn't need to know that."

I paused for a moment, allowing my words to sink in. Then, with a smirk, I added, "And it still makes for a handy disguise. Who'd suspect an S-tier adventurer of being an SS-tier powerhouse?"

Aurelia huffed, crossing her arms. But she didn't argue. I saw a glimmer of agreement in her eyes. After all, we both knew the importance of keeping a low profile. Sometimes, the most effective strategies were the ones least expected.

Lila, who had been quietly listening to the exchange, finally spoke up. "So, master," she began, her voice delicate yet full of curiosity. "Where will we be heading next?"

Her question hung in the air for a moment, the anticipation palpable. I looked at each of their faces, enjoying the suspense. Then, I leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms behind my head. A grin slowly spread across my face as I answered, "Well, isn't it obvious? We're off to grind more levels, of course."

Q: Do you like travelling?