[120] The star life

The morning of the next week, the moment I step outside our suite, the clamor of voices hit me like a wave. Flashing lights, magic microphones thrust forward, a sea of faces all focused on me. The sudden bombardment of attention was overwhelming.

"Wang-Yi-Fei!" One of the paparazzi shouted, "How does it feel to be back in the spotlight?"

"Master Wang!" Another voice joined in, "Can we expect more stunning performances in the tournament?"

"Is it true that you're traveling with a group of beautiful ladies?" a third voice piped up, accompanied by a cheeky grin, "Are they your students? Or perhaps, something more?"

The barrage of questions continued, every voice demanding answers, every magic camera lens focused on capturing my every move. I raised a hand, trying to shield my eyes from the blinding camera flashes. This was definitely not the 'low-key adventure' I had been hoping for.

As I stumbled back into the safety of our suite, the girls all looked up, startled. Sera was the first to break the silence, crossing her arms with a concerned frown. "What happened? You were only out for a minute."

Kuroko, ever the daring one, stepped up next, her hands on her hips. "You look like you've just seen a ghost. Did something happen?"

Aurelia, her blue hair cascading over her shoulders, looked at me with arched eyebrows. "Did the press get to you?" she asked, her voice held a tinge of amusement.

Lila, the kindest and most introverted of us, approached me with a worried expression. "Master," she said softly. "Did something upset you? Your face is pale." Her voice, though soft, had a soothing quality that calmed the rising turmoil within me.

"Its the paparazzi...This is another reason why I decided to hide my identity..." I commented, as I peered out the window, observing the chaos of photographers and reporters swarming the entrance of our hotel, I heard Sera's sharp voice cut through my thoughts, "How are you even going to make it to the arena? The match is about to start, isn't it?"

Her voice was edgy, tsundere personality shining through, as she paced the room. Her frustration was a stark contrast to the crowd outside, their anticipation causing a palpable excitement in the air.

I turned away from the window and looked at her, my lips curling into a small smile. "Well, we'll just have to find another way, won't we?" I replied calmly. It was a problem, yes, but not one we couldn't handle.

With a swift, fluid motion, I unsheathed my sword, presenting its gleaming, golden blade to the awestruck girls. The air in the room seemed to hum with the power emanating from the weapon. Slowly, with practiced control, I channeled my qi into the blade, and it began to levitate, a foot off the ground, perfectly balanced and unmoving.

Aurelia's eyes widened, an expression of fascination and respect, while Sera scoffed, trying to hide her interest behind a facade of indifference. Lila merely watched quietly, her large, doe-like eyes reflecting the light from the hovering sword. Kuroko, always the bold one, had a fierce spark in her gaze, mirroring my own determination.

"See, girls?" I said, grinning. "There's always a way."

With a fluid leap, I stepped onto the hovering sword, my balance perfect, as if I was simply stepping onto solid ground. The sword responded to my will, remaining steady beneath my feet. The sight must have been quite spectacular – a man standing on a hovering sword, surrounded by the luxurious trappings of a presidential suite.

"I'll see you all at the arena," I called out, a hint of challenge in my tone. With that, I propelled the sword forward, shooting out of the open window and into the bright, open sky, leaving behind a stunned silence. My laughter echoed back into the room, a stark contrast to the pandemonium waiting outside the hotel's front doors.

Q: What would you do if you became famous overnight?