[72] Arena rules

The burly man took a swig of his ale before speaking again. "Ah, that's right, newcomer. The arena ain't just about one on one battles. There are several stages to it. The first stage is what we call the Pit Boss Arena."

A quiet murmur of agreement passed around the table. The woman took up the tale. "In the Pit Boss Arena, there's usually an S-tier adventurer acting as the Pit Boss. They're given a full 12 hours to hold their own against challengers. If they manage to last, they move on to the next stage."

The young adventurer leaned forward, his face serious. "But if the Pit Boss gets taken out by someone else, that person will become the new Pit Boss the next day. So, every day, there's a new Pit Boss. It's a vicious cycle, and it's not for the faint-hearted."

The wiry elf nodded, his expression thoughtful. "It's a brutal challenge, but it's also a path to glory. Winning the Pit Boss Arena can earn you a reputation overnight, and reputation means everything in Roma."

Their words hung heavy in the smoky air of the tavern. The Pit Boss Arena sounded intense, a test not only of skill and strength but also of endurance and resilience. It was clear that to conquer the Arena would require everything I had, and more.

The burly man cleared his throat and continued, "After the Pit Boss stage, comes the elimination stage. This is where the true test begins."

The woman interjected, "That's right. The top 16 Pit Bosses, the ones who've lasted the longest, fight each other in a series of one-on-one matches. It's a brutal showdown where the weak are culled and the only 1 shall emerge victorious."

The elf, stroking his beard, added, "And there's more. The champion from each of the national championships, up to 4 a country, get a chance to participate in the grand tournament, which happens every four years."

He leaned back in his chair, a faint smile on his lips. "It's the pinnacle of achievement for an adventurer. To be able to say that you fought in the international tournament... There's no greater honor."

The room fell silent for a moment as the weight of their words sank in. The path to the international tournament was fraught with peril, but the reward was unparalleled glory.

Q: Have you played any games with an arena mode?