[27] Veridian

The 3 of us stepped outside the teleportation center and onto open streets.

Veridian, an ancient city nestled between lush rolling hills, greeted us with its vibrant charm and unique architecture. Stone buildings of all shapes and sizes were crammed together along winding streets, their rooftops a sea of terracotta beneath a clear blue sky. Intricate wrought-iron balconies adorned many of the buildings, overflowing with brilliantly colored flowers that lent the city a sense of life and vitality.

Aroma of freshly baked bread wafted from a nearby bakery, mingling with the earthy scent of spices being sold in the market square. The city was alive with activity, with people rushing about, going about their day. Street vendors called out, advertising their wares, while children darted between legs, their laughter echoing down the cobbled lanes.

Further ahead, a majestic castle loomed over the city, its imposing stone walls and high towers a testament to Veridian's rich history and might. Flanked by a lush forest on one side and a bustling harbor on the other, the city was a perfect blend of nature and civilization.

Through the maze of streets, a winding river coursed, its waters sparkling under the bright sunlight. Arched bridges spanned across the river at regular intervals, connecting the various districts of the city. The river was the lifeblood of Veridian, supplying the city with fresh water and acting as a vital trade route.

I looked at Sera and Lila, their eyes wide with wonder. Veridian was unlike anything they had seen before, a city bursting with life, diversity, and an energy all its own. This was our new playing field, full of unknown adventures and challenges. It was time to explore.

I dug into the pouch at my side, fishing out a small sack of gold coins. "Here," I said, flipping the pouch towards Sera. She caught it deftly, her eyes widening slightly at the weight of it. "I want you to take Lila and get her a new maid dress."

Sera frowned, juggling the sack of gold in her palm, "Why should I be the one to do it? And why does she need a maid dress?" She grumbled, her arms folding across her chest in a classic tsundere stance.

I smiled at her feigned annoyance, "Because I trust your taste, Sera, and because we have an image to maintain." I shrugged, turning to Lila, who was blushing at the thought of new clothes. "You do want a new dress, right?"

Lila nodded shyly, "Yes...Thank you."

"I need to go get a new weapon," I said, shifting the conversation before Sera could protest further. "My previous sword broke in that last battle."

Sera's brow lifted, "You're leaving us alone in a strange city?"

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. Meet me at the front of the teleportation gate by noon." I said, giving them a reassuring smile. "And try not to get into any trouble while I'm gone," I added with a wink, turning on my heel to head towards the weapon shops.

Q: What is the first thing you do in an unfamiliar city?