[79] The dragon & the knight

The host, a stout man with a booming voice, appeared on the field, raising his hands to hush the crowd, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the second round of our semi-finals!" His words reverberated throughout the packed arena, excitement palpable in the air.

"Now, it is my honor to introduce our first contestant!" he bellowed, "From the Kingdom of Ayre, the ninth princess herself, a formidable swordswoman who won her way here through sheer skill and determination, please welcome, the delightful Alicia!"

The crowd roared, a wave of cheers and applause spreading like wildfire. Alicia stepped into the ring, her petite frame in sharp contrast with the grandeur of the coliseum. Despite her size, her confident smile, playful eyes, and the way she held her sword radiated an intimidating aura.

"And facing her," the host continued, his voice filled with enthusiasm, "is a woman whose strength is as fiery as her spirit. The dragonborne adventurer who has crushed her opponents with the might of a dragon, let's hear it for the sensational Aurelia!"

As Aurelia emerged, the crowd erupted into a deafening cheer once again. Her dragonborne form, majestic and powerful, commanded awe and respect. Her red eyes gleamed with fierce determination, a smirk gracing her lips as she locked eyes with her opponent.

"The horn will sound any moment now," the host concluded, "May the best warrior win!"

WOOOOOOO!!!

As the horn's echo died out, Aurelia and Alicia leapt into action, their figures mere blurs against the backdrop of the roaring crowd. Alicia, quick and nimble, darted around Aurelia, her sword a shimmering silver streak. Aurelia, in contrast, moved with a raw, imposing power, her every step shaking the ground beneath her.

Alicia initiated the first strike, her sword slashing through the air towards Aurelia. But with a swift movement, Aurelia deflected it, her armoured tail flicking with alarming speed. The impact sent Alicia skidding back, but the young princess was far from beaten. A challenging grin spread across her face as she quickly regained her footing.

Aurelia, now in her element, charged forward, belching a stream of fire from her maw. But Alicia was prepared. Using her smaller size to her advantage, she agilely dodged the fire, her nimble movements leaving her unscathed.

With enough distance put between them, Aurelia began to transform. Alicia's eyes widened, her sapphire eyes shone with excitement and anticipation. "Now this is getting interesting," she said, brandishing her sword with newfound resolve. "I've always wanted to spar with a dragon."

Aurelia, now towering above in her full dragon form, looked down at the young princess. Her voice, deep and resonating, filled the arena. "Be careful what you wish for, little princess. Dragons aren't known for playing nice." She smirked, her eyes gleaming with a fierce determination.

The entire colosseum became their battleground, the two powerhouses moving with such speed and ferocity that their forms were a blur. Aurelia's dragon form was an impressive sight, her massive wings creating gusts of wind each time they flapped. Her tail whipped through the air, each strike aimed at Alicia, who darted around with surprising agility.

Alicia moved like a wisp, her petite form deceptively agile. She was as swift as lightning, her sword a streak of silver that matched her armor, as she parried, ducked, and dodged Aurelia's attacks. Occasionally, she managed to land a hit, her sword clanging against Aurelia's scales, sending sparks flying.

Aurelia countered with fire, a great plume of flames bellowing from her mouth, turning the arena into an inferno. But Alicia was quick, rolling out of the way, barely singed. She used these moments to retaliate, lunging at Aurelia with a battle cry, aiming for the gaps between her scales.