[36] New plan

We were back at the motel again, all in one room, with just 1 large bed.

Once we were all gathered in the motel room, I lounged in the middle of the large bed, with Sera sitting on my right and Lila on my left. The single lamp cast long shadows around the room, making it feel even smaller than it was. The girls, each with their own distinctive personality traits, Sera with her fiery tsundere temperament, and Lila, introverted, kind, and submissive, were waiting for me to break the silence.

"Today I managed to gather some interesting information," I began, my gaze shifting between the two girls, "Our elusive thief goes by the name 'Nine Lives'."

Lila gasped softly, "That sounds... dangerous," her voice barely a whisper, her hands clasped tightly in her lap.

Sera, on the other hand, snorted, "Nine Lives? That's the best the thief could come up with? Please," she said, rolling her eyes.

I smiled, choosing to ignore Sera's derision. "According to my sources, Nine Lives tried to sell the stolen jewel to the auctioneer at the black market. But they refused it due to the high risk associated with it."

Sera's eyebrows shot up, "Well, that's stupid. That jewel is way too high profile," she said, crossing her arms.

I nodded in agreement, "Precisely. Which means, our thief is probably still in the city, lying low until the heat dies down."

Lila's quiet voice interjected, "So... what do we do now?"

I looked at both of them, a spark of determination in my eyes, "Now, we plan. We're going to set a trap for Nine Lives." The room fell into silence as they processed what I said, anticipation hanging in the air as we planned our next move.

***

As we entered the bank hall, the clerk behind the counter cast us a dismissive glance, her eyes quickly surveying my plain attire before moving on to serve the next customer in line. Her gaze didn't linger on Sera or Lila, as they, too, were dressed in modest clothing.

"Next!" the clerk called out, not even bothering to acknowledge us. I stepped forward, my expression neutral. The two girls remained behind me, watching as I interacted with the bank clerk.

"I would like to make a withdrawal," I said calmly, my voice ringing clear in the grand hall.

The clerk raised her eyebrow, glancing me up and down once more. "We don't service the likes of you," she responded curtly.

I simply shrugged, not bothered by her condescension. With a quick motion, I slid my black card across the counter. It was a rare sight, a card only issued to the wealthiest customers.

The clerk's eyes widened as she saw the card, her previous disdain immediately replaced by an eager smile. "I-I'm sorry, sir. I didn't realize. How much would you like to withdraw?" Her tone completely shifted, her voice now laced with respect and perhaps a tinge of embarrassment.

"100,000 gold." I said. The clerk replies:

"O-of course, sir," the clerk stuttered, her surprise still evident in her voice. "One moment, please."

She quickly turned to her computer, her fingers dancing across the keyboard as she processed my withdrawal request. Her previous dismissive attitude was now completely gone, replaced with an aura of efficiency and professionalism.

After a moment, she stood up, excusing herself briefly before disappearing into the back room.

A short while later, she reappeared with a medium-sized, metal box. She placed it on the counter and unlocked it with a small key. Inside, it was filled to the brim with gold coins.

"Here is your withdrawal, sir, one hundred thousand gold." She pushed the box slightly towards me, her hands trembling slightly. "Is there anything else I can assist you with today?"

I simply smiled and shook my head, thanking her for her assistance. Her face flushed once again as I, Sera, and Lila took the gold and left the bank, leaving the once dismissive clerk in a state of bewilderment.

Q: Do you consider 100K a lot of money?