[54] New recruitment...Again

A minute later, the girls caught up to me.

"You look like you been through a storm." I said to Kuroko.

"Yeah, that's what happens, when you are dragged hundreds of meters into the sky and fall into a lake." she said, as she shook her body from the wetness.

Sera looked out of breath, her eyes wide as she spotted Aurelia next to me. "What the hell, Chang? Is she...?"

Kuroko cut in, her sharp eyes darting between Aurelia and me, "You got the dragon on our side? And what was that pulse? I felt it from miles away."

I chuckled, giving Aurelia an introducing nod, "Meet our newest team member, Aurelia. As for the pulse," I shrugged nonchalantly, "just a little show of power to win her over."

Kuroko's brows lifted in surprise, while Sera seemed more skeptical. "Are you sure about this, Chang? She's a dragon! A dangerous one, at that," Sera pointed out, her tone filled with apprehension.

Aurelia, however, chuckled, "Rest assured, as long as your leader doesn't cross me, I won't roast any of you." Her tone was teasing, yet held a certain edge.

"Yeah, yeah. As if I'd cross a dragon," I waved her off, not failing to notice how Sera rolled her eyes at my response.

"You can't go into the city like this, you need a disguise for now. Perhaps a lizard beast kind." I said.

"Disguise myself as a what now?" Aurelia's voice was thick with disbelief as she stared at me.

"A lizard beastkind," I repeated, keeping my voice steady despite the heat of her glare. "It will allow you to blend in better within the city."

"Blend in? As a... a beastkind?" The disgust in her tone was evident. "You ask too much, human."

"Aurelia," I responded patiently, "it's either that or run the risk of being recognized. Not to mention the bounty hunters who are always on the lookout for dragons."

Her golden eyes flared, the blue in them churning like a storm. "I am a dragon princess, not some lowly creature to hide under a false facade."

"Says the princess who was hiding in a cave," Kuroko interjected, earning a fiery glare from Aurelia.

After a moment of silence, Aurelia reluctantly agreed, her pride visibly hurt. "Fine. But remember, this is temporary. And I refuse to cover my horns. They are a symbol of my royal status."

"We'll just tell everyone you're a...rare type of beastkind," I quickly suggested, trying to ease the situation. "With...beautiful, ornate horns."

Aurelia huffed but finally, with a nod, she accepted. Sera, Kuroko, and I breathed a collective sigh of relief.

"Now, how about a little change of outfit for you two as well?" I looked to Sera and Kuroko.

The two looked at each other, then back at me again:

"You are not going to make me dress up as some sort of beastkin for your weird fetish right boss?" Sera looked at me suspiciously.

"No, but maybe next time." I said with a wink. "Now who wants to do some shopping?"

Q: What do you usually go shopping for?