[50] Into the dragon's lair

With a graceful dive, I submerged myself beneath the curtain of water, pushing against the strong current. The frigid water tugged at my clothes and the noise of the cascading water filled my ears. Kicking strongly, I emerged on the other side of the waterfall, pulling myself onto the slick rock floor of the cave. Sera and Kuroko surfaced moments later, their faces slightly shocked at the sight of the hidden cave.

Flicking my wrist, I conjured a small, flickering flame. The fire danced in my palm, casting eerie shadows along the wet cave walls. Its warm glow reflected off the sheen of water on our skin and clothes, illuminating the way ahead.

"The Azure Dragon's lair," I muttered to myself, feeling a sense of awe at the beautiful yet ominous surroundings. Kuroko was the first to recover, a wild grin playing on her lips as she shook her soaked hair out of her face.

"Didn't think I'd be going on a dragon hunt when I woke up this morning. What a day, huh?" she chuckled, shaking off the water from her clothes.

"Come on," I said, beginning to move deeper into the cave, the small flame lighting the way. "Let's see what this dragon has been up to."

Sera looked at the flame dancing in my palm and then at me, her eyebrows furrowed. "Wait a second," she huffed, crossing her arms, "you said you couldn't use magic. You're telling me you lied? Again?" Her words were biting, but I noticed a slight blush on her face. Maybe the cold, or perhaps my lack of clothing was flustering her.

"Easy there, Sera," I said with a small chuckle. "I didn't lie. I did say that I wasn't very good with magic. See?" I wiggled my fingers, the flame flickering unsteadily for a moment. "I can conjure up a small flame, but that's about it. Don't expect me to start shooting fireballs or something."

Sera grumbled something under her breath, turning her head away. "You're just full of surprises, aren't you?" she muttered, a reluctant smile pulling at the corners of her mouth.

"Only the best for you guys," I replied with a wink, earning me a light shove from Sera and a chuckle from Kuroko. We then continued our way deeper into the cave, the fire in my palm casting long, strange shadows along the walls.

The cave wasn't that deep, about a minute of walking later, we reached the end of the cave, which was this small cavernous space.

And sitting at the end of the cavern, illuminated by the dancing firelight, was an ethereal figure that left us breathless. The girl was a few inches taller than me, her body slender but defined, like a dancer's. Her long, azure hair cascaded down her back, mingling with a pair of delicate, translucent wings that fluttered gently behind her.

She had sapphire eyes, bright and sharp, that sparkled with an inner light. A pair of elegant golden horns protruded from her forehead, curving slightly backward. Their shiny surface reflected the firelight, adding a soft golden glow to her face. Her skin, the color of the sky at twilight, was flawless and seemed to shimmer in the warm firelight. She was clad in a simple white dress that contrasted beautifully with her colorful appearance.

Her eyes widened in surprise as we emerged from the shadows, and she quickly rose to her feet, stumbling slightly in her haste. "Who...who are you people?" she stammered, her voice soft and musical, but laced with a hint of apprehension.

"Sorry for intruding," I said, raising my hands in a placating manner. "We didn't mean to startle you. My name is Chang, and these are my companions, Sera and Kuroko." I pointed towards the girls. "We're here because of the Azure Dragon."

Her eyes widened further at my words, but she quickly composed herself. "Azure Dragon?" she raised her voice a bit more this time. "What do you want with the Azure Dragon?"

"Well...That azure dragon has 2 choices right now. One, try to fight back and get slain. Two, surrender and be tamed." I grinned.

Q: What do you think will happen next?