[8] Recruitment...Attempt

As we stepped out of the motel, the sun was just beginning to rise, casting a warm glow on the cobblestone streets. The town was slowly coming to life, with shop owners opening their doors and early risers passing by, their eyes still heavy with sleep. Sera walked next to me, her silver hair reflecting the morning light. She seemed to have regained her composure, her face set in a determined expression.

"Where are we going?" Sera asked, glancing at me from the corner of her eye. Despite her earlier fluster, her voice was steady, showcasing her determination and resolve.

"Back to the guild hall," I replied, meeting her gaze with a grin. "Our first task will be...Recruiting more party members."

Her eyes widened slightly at my announcement. "What? More people?" she scoffed, her eyebrows knitting together in a frown. "Why would we need more people? And why would anyone want to join a party with a F-Tier adventurer like you?"

I laughed, my gaze fixed on the road ahead. "Why, Sera, are you perhaps worried about sharing my attention with others?" I teased, nudging her lightly with my elbow.

"Screw you!" she screamed.

***

Once we arrived at the guild hall, a busy hub for adventurers and mercenaries alike, I turned to Sera. "You try asking people to join. It'll be a good experience for you," I suggested, a hint of mischief playing in my eyes. She glanced at me, a frown etched on her face, but nodded, accepting my task.

As I watched Sera move through the crowd, her head held high and her eyes gleaming with determination, I couldn't help but smile. It was impressive to see her take on the challenge head on.

Approaching the first group, a band of burly warriors, she tried to catch their attention. "Hey, we're looking for adventurers to join our team. Interested?" she asked, her voice clear and confident.

The group looked at her, and then at me in the distance, taking note of my F-Tier status. One of them, a hulking man with an axe slung across his back, laughed and brushed her off. "Join a team with a noob? Not a chance, elf."

Refusing to be deterred, Sera moved on to another group, a pair of skilled mages this time. "Would you be interested in joining our party?" she asked again, her gaze meeting theirs unflinchingly.

The mages exchanged glances, their eyes twinkling with amusement. "Sorry, we have standards. Can't join a team with a F-Tier leader," one of them said, gesturing towards me.

Sera came walking towards, her face look like she's ready to commit murder.

"Let's have a lunch break shall we?" I suggested.

Q: Do you handle rejection well?