[77] Aurelia's fight

Seated among the throng of spectators, we eagerly watched as Aurelia stepped onto the field. Her figure, clad in her battle gear, was imposing, even from a distance.

Sera leaned in close to me, her eyes never leaving the arena. "I can't believe I'm seeing this in person," she murmured, her eyes reflecting the excitement in her voice. "Aurelia against these competitors... it's going to be a real spectacle."

Kuroko, to my other side, nodded in agreement. "I've seen her fight before, but this is something else. These are some of the best warriors from around the nation. She's really going to have to bring her A-game."

Lila remained silent, her gaze intently fixed on the arena. A soft smile graced her lips as she watched her sister prepare for combat.

"Let's cheer for her, alright?" I proposed, earning eager nods from the others. "For Aurelia!" we chorused, our cheers joining the cacophony of voices echoing throughout the coliseum.

"Good citizens of Roma!" the host bellowed into the mic, his voice thundering through the coliseum. Silence fell over the crowd like a thick blanket. "We have a spectacular match for you today!"

The host began to build suspense, "On one side, we have our ferocious dragonborne, a force of nature in her own right. An S-tier adventurer who has conquered many a challenge, and risen from the pit boss arena to this stage! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... Aurelia!"

The crowd erupted into thunderous applause. Their cheers bounced off the stone walls of the arena, creating a wave of sound that washed over us.

"And on the other side," he continued, as the cheers died down, "we have an equally formidable contender. A seasoned gladiator who has bested many opponents on this very field! May I introduce... Maximus the Invincible!"

Again, the crowd broke into applause, though this time it was mixed with anticipatory murmuring. I could feel the tension mounting. This was going to be a memorable fight.

As the horn sounded, the atmosphere in the coliseum became palpable with excitement. Both fighters stepped forward, sizing each other up before the clash. Maximus moved first, heaving his broadsword in a wide arc towards Aurelia. However, the dragonborne was quick, stepping back gracefully, avoiding the slashing blade by mere inches.

Aurelia retaliated, her clawed hands ignited in flames. She lunged forward, a blinding streak of fiery aggression. Maximus was quick too, though, managing to deflect her attack with his shield, causing a burst of sparks and flames to scatter around.

The fight carried on in a similar fashion for several moments. Each attack and counter-attack was a testament to their skill and experience. The crowd was held spellbound by the spectacle, their cheers punctuating the air with every close call and near miss.

Suddenly, Aurelia shifted her stance, giving a low growl. With a swift, spiralling motion, she transformed into her dragon form. Her transformation was greeted by a collective gasp from the crowd, followed by an uproar of exhilaration. Maximus, visibly taken aback, stepped back, trying to adjust his strategy to this new development.

Aurelia, now towering above Maximus, took advantage of his momentary distraction. With a swift move, she whipped her tail towards him. He managed to deflect the attack with his shield, but the force of the blow sent him staggering back.

The crowd held their breath as Aurelia reared up, a deep growl resonating from her throat before she unleashed a jet of fire straight at Maximus. The gladiator, however, was not one to be easily defeated. He rolled out of the path of the fire at the last moment, his shield raised in defense.

The fight continued, a heart-stopping dance of fire and steel, each opponent refusing to back down.

Aurelia unfurled her magnificent wings, the brilliant sunlight glinting off their fiery scales as she launched herself into the sky. The crowd watched, awestruck, as she circled high above the arena. Maximus, looking up at her from the ground, tried to brace himself for her next attack.

Then, with a deafening roar, Aurelia folded her wings back and plummeted towards the earth. She was a meteor of blazing fury, her descent so rapid it was almost a blur. The spectators gasped, their hearts pounding in anticipation.

Maximus, eyes wide, barely had time to raise his shield as Aurelia crashed down upon him, her claws extended. The earth shook beneath them, a cloud of dust and debris billowing up around them. The force of her landing was so tremendous that it knocked Maximus off his feet, sending him sprawling across the sand.

The dust began to settle, and there, in the center of the crater Aurelia had created, lay Maximus. His shield was shattered, his sword flung far from his reach. His chest heaved with exhaustion and his eyes fluttered shut. It was clear: Aurelia had emerged victorious.

The crowd erupted into cheers, their applause thunderous as they celebrated the dragonborne's incredible victory. Aurelia, returning to her humanoid form, stood tall amidst the settling dust, her chest heaving with the exertion but her fiery gaze filled with triumph.

The host raised his hand to signal for silence. The crowd quieted down, their eyes all focused on him.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" he began, his voice echoing throughout the arena. "We have a winner! By a show of sheer might and an unquenchable fire, our victor has left no room for doubt!"

He turned, gesturing grandly towards Aurelia, who still stood proud and tall in the midst of the crater she had created. The audience broke into another round of thunderous applause.

"Let's hear it for our champion, the indomitable dragonborne, Aurelia!" the host declared. The crowd cheered louder, their applause a powerful roar that echoed throughout the ancient colosseum.

Aurelia raised her hand, acknowledging the crowd's applause with a proud nod of her head. Her eyes gleamed with the thrill of victory, a fiery intensity that matched the wild cheers of the audience.

Q: How would you respond to a friend winning a match?