[134] The 11th floor

As we descended deeper into the abyss, the environment changed dramatically. A wave of crisp, biting cold greeted us, replacing the sweltering heat of the previous level. The 11th floor was a stark contrast, an icy biome that seemed untouched by the passage of time.

The surrounding landscape was a breathtaking panorama of sharp, jagged icicles hanging from the ceiling, their translucent forms glistening under the dim light. Frosted stalagmites sprouted from the floor, their pointed tips covered with a sparkling sheen of frost that reflected hues of silver and blue. Massive snowdrifts were sculpted into bizarre shapes by the subterranean winds, and at the center of the cavern was a vast, frozen lake, its surface as smooth and reflective as a mirror.

Snowflakes, as fine as powder, fell gently from the cavern ceiling, dusting our hair and shoulders as we trudged deeper into this winter wonderland. The air was so cold it prickled our lungs with each breath, but the ethereal beauty around us was undeniably captivating. The 11th floor was an icy, isolated world, a brutal test of our resilience against the elements.

Suddenly, a chill wind swept through the cavern and the snowflakes swirling around us abruptly ceased their gentle descent, frozen in mid-air. In the eerie stillness that followed, a rumbling growl echoed from deep within the icy landscape. From the shadowy edges of the frozen lake, shapes began to emerge, their forms crystallizing out of the cold mist.

A host of monstrous figures materialized, their presence casting an ominous pall over the beautiful but deadly terrain. They were Frost Goliaths, fearsome creatures of the ice, standing easily twice as tall as the average man. Their bodies were carved from blocks of solid, translucent ice, their inner cores pulsating with a cold, blue light.

They possessed muscular physiques that reflected an intimidating power, their broad shoulders leading to arms ending in clawed hands, capable of rending solid stone. Their legs, massive and powerful, ended in splayed feet which gave them stability on the icy terrain. Their faces were monstrous, with glowing blue eyes, and wide mouths filled with razor-sharp icicle-like teeth.

Despite their lumbering size, the Frost Goliaths moved with a swift, fluid grace on the icy floor, a testament to their inherent connection with this harsh environment. Each of them was an embodiment of the harsh, deadly beauty of the ice, a brutal challenge that stood between us and the deeper levels of the abyss.

As the Frost Goliaths lumbered closer, I stepped towards Lila, positioning myself between her and the encroaching horde. I felt the cold wind cut against my skin, but my focus was solely on the icy monsters approaching us. My hand instinctively went to the hilt of my sword, feeling the familiar grip warming against my palm.

Behind me, I heard the soft rustle of Lila's robes as she readied herself for what was to come. Though she was not a warrior like the rest of us, her own resolve was as strong as any I had ever seen. I could almost feel the warmth of her protective spells as she weaved them around us, the air shimmering with subtle golden light.

On either side of me, Sera, Kuroko, and Aurelia were getting into their own battle stances, their figures tensing up in readiness. Sera, her eyes alight with a crimson glow, stretched out her hands, her fingertips sparking with dark, swirling energy. Kuroko, agile as a shadow, unsheathed her dual daggers, their razor-sharp edges gleaming in the pale light. Aurelia, fiery and bold, raised her dragon bone halberd high, her expression as fierce as the mythical beast from which her weapon was forged.

The Frost Goliaths now formed a half circle around us, their blue, glowing eyes glinting menacingly. The air around us crackled with tension as we stood our ground, preparing to face the onslaught. The battle formation we adopted was as familiar as our own heartbeats: a shield and sword at the front, a rogue and mage on the flanks, and a cleric in the center, protected and ready to support.