[76] Group stage

The enormous coliseum thrummed with anticipation, a wild sea of spectators, their cheers and roars echoing off the towering stone walls. In the audience, I could spot Lila, Sera, Kuroko, and Aurelia, their faces filled with excitement and anxiety.

The host, a man with a booming voice and flamboyant style, stepped into the center of the arena. He raised his hands, and the roar of the crowd quieted down into a tense hush.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, dear spectators of Roma!" His voice echoed through the silent arena, his energy palpable, infectious. "Welcome to the heart of the annual championship, the much-awaited elimination rounds!"

His announcement ignited a thunderous cheer from the crowd, their excitement ricocheting off the walls of the coliseum.

"Our first contender!" The host's voice rose above the noise as he gestured towards me, standing in my designated area. "A dark horse, rising from obscurity! He's proven his worth in the pits and now stands before us, ready for the real challenge. Ladies and Gentlemen, let us give a huge round of applause to the mighty Chang!"

As the crowd erupted with cheers and applause, he then turned to the other side of the arena, his arm sweeping towards my opponent.

"And standing against him!" His voice carried an undercurrent of thrill. "A man who needs no introduction! A force of nature, a hurricane on the battlefield! Please welcome, the fierce and formidable Titanos!"

The crowd roared with excitement once again, their cheers and shouts mixing with the growing tension in the air, setting the stage for the battle about to unfold.

The moment the horn sounded, a powerful roar echoed throughout the coliseum, an electrifying signal that set the heart of every spectator racing. The excitement was palpable, the air itself seeming to tremble with anticipation.

With measured steps, I moved forward, my eyes never leaving Titanos. He was a burly man, muscles rippling under his combat gear, his stance screaming power and confidence. He wielded a massive, two-handed sword that looked like it weighed more than a small horse. He was an imposing figure, a veritable force of nature.

But I had faced bigger and scarier adversaries. Calmly, I adjusted my grip on my own weapon, a sleek short sword that was perfect for quick, precise movements. As I approached Titanos, I steadied my breathing, my mind razor-sharp, ready to react to the slightest movement.

Titanos was the first to move, charging forward with a war cry, his sword raised high for a crushing downward strike. The crowd roared in anticipation. But I was ready.

I sidestepped his strike, the wind from his sword passing close enough to ruffle my hair. In the same motion, I swept my sword up, aiming a quick, precise strike at his exposed side.

Titanos reacted just in time, swinging his massive sword around in a wide arc, barely managing to deflect my blade. Our swords clashed, the impact resonating throughout the arena.

It was a dance of power against agility, brute force against precise strikes. The audience watched, breathless, as we traded blows, each trying to find an opening in the other's defense.

The duel was a spectacle of flashing steel, of calculated maneuvers, and sudden, explosive movements. Every time our blades met, the sound echoed throughout the coliseum, a testament to the fierce battle being waged.

Despite Titanos's strength and size, I managed to hold my ground, using my speed and agility to evade his powerful strikes and counter-attack. His raw power was terrifying, but his size also made him slower, giving me an edge.

The battle raged on, neither of us giving an inch, a whirlwind of action and anticipation, until the match's climactic conclusion was all that remained.