[110] Banter

With a playful smile on her face and a sparkle in her sapphire eyes, Alicia drew her sword, holding her shield up high. The horn echoed throughout the arena, signaling the start of the fight. Yet, she didn't immediately launch herself towards me.

Instead, she planted her feet firmly on the ground, her golden hair swaying slightly in the cool breeze. With an air of confidence, she tilted her head back and yelled in a voice that cut through the tension and reached every corner of the vast arena.

"Chang, handsome as you are, prepare yourself! Today, I'm not holding back. I'll beat you completely and utterly. You've evaded my offer once, but after today, you won't be able to dodge any longer. Get ready to take my hand in marriage!"

Her words echoed in the silent arena, eliciting a mix of cheers and laughter from the spectators. Her declaration, bold and clear, sent a wave of anticipation through the crowd. It was clear this was not just a match for her, but a personal challenge she had set for herself and for me.

My retort sliced through the air as sharply as my blade would. I unsheathed my sword in a swift, fluid motion, holding it up to meet Alicia's determined gaze. "In your dreams!" I echoed back, my voice resounding with resolve.

A surge of excitement erupted from the crowd. A cacophony of cheers, gasps, and laughter filled the air. Some spectators roared in approval, slapping their thighs or the back of their companions in delight. Others couldn't help but gasp, their faces a mask of anticipation and disbelief. A few even let out hearty laughter, relishing in the playful banter between us.

The atmosphere was electrifying. Everyone was on the edge of their seats, their eyes darting between Alicia and me. The tension was palpable as they waited for the clash of swords, their cheers growing louder and more fervent.

The crowd buzzed with excited chatter, their voices overlapping in a chaotic symphony of comments and predictions.

"That's Chang for you, never backing down!" An older man with a grizzled beard hollered, banging his fist on the railing in front of him in approval.

"Alicia's so fiery! She's got spirit!" A younger woman squealed, her hands clapping in giddy excitement. "Imagine if she actually wins!"

"He won't let her win that easily," a deep voice countered, belonging to a burly man whose arms were folded over his chest. "He's got a reputation to uphold, after all."

"Did he just reject the princess?" A teen boy with wide eyes and an open mouth questioned, looking at his friend in disbelief.

"He sure did," his friend responded, a smirk playing on his lips. "This is going to be one hell of a match."

All around them, the crowd was a mix of laughter, shock, and excitement. They were clearly enjoying the drama, the anticipation of the forthcoming clash adding to their thrill.

Q: Have you ever rejected a confession before?