[133] The magma salamander

With a deafening roar, the magma salamander lunged at the girls, its jaws opened wide to reveal fiery molten teeth. As the gigantic beast lunged, the surrounding magma followed its movement, sending waves of red-hot liquid splashing towards the stone pathway.

In response, Kuroko, with her nimble agility, vaulted up into the air, evading the cascading waves of magma and darted towards the salamander's flank. Her daggers slashed in an arcing pattern, leaving a shallow wound on its molten hide. The creature screeched in irritation, writhing as the cooler air hit the exposed area under its skin.

Aurelia, not wasting any time, charged head-on, her dragon scales protecting her from the intense heat. Her fist slammed into the salamander's side, her dragon strength driving the force of her punch deep into its hide. The salamander hissed, its serpentine body twisting and turning in pain.

Meanwhile, Sera, with her staff raised, began to weave complex symbols in the air. Her eyes glowed as she channeled her magic, sending a series of blood spikes toward the salamander's underside, looking for a weak spot. The spikes found their mark, and the beast's screams of pain echoed through the chamber.

The girls' coordination was seamless, their attacks coming together to deliver significant damage. The magma salamander, though enraged and writhing, was quickly realizing that it had formidable opponents to deal with.

With a guttural growl resonating deep within its gargantuan form, the magma salamander reared back, a pulsating glow emanating from its gaping maw. It tilted its head upwards, letting loose a gut-wrenching roar that echoed through the chamber. As the sound faded, it swung its head downward and aimed towards the girls.

Suddenly, from the depth of its gullet, a torrent of bubbling, viscous lava surged forward. It was a cataclysmic expulsion, a terrifying show of the beast's elemental might. The crimson, molten rock burst forth like a superheated geyser, splattering in a wide arc as it was directed towards the girls.

The lava flew through the air, casting eerie, flickering shadows over the chamber as it rained down. Each drop sizzled and steamed upon hitting the stone pathway, the intense heat causing the rock to warp and crack under the pressure. The barrage of magma was not only lethal but also served to reshape the battleground, limiting the girls' mobility and furthering the salamander's advantage.

Seeing the imminent danger that the girls were in, I leapt into action. Springing from my position beside Lila, I drew my ethereal sword and charged forward, moving with such speed that the world around me seemed to blur.

Upon reaching the center of the lava's path, I planted my feet firmly on the scorching hot stone pathway and raised my golden glowing blade high above my head. In a swift, decisive movement, I brought it slashing downward, the force from the motion creating a shockwave that blasted outwards from me.

The blade didn't physically touch the lava, but the impact of the shockwave was powerful enough to create an invisible barrier in its path. With a deafening roar, the torrents of lava abruptly split into two, diverted from their previous trajectory as they wrapped around the barrier created by my sword.

The molten streams passed harmlessly on either side, roaring and hissing like serpents denied their prey. The path they left in their wake glowed a dangerous red, radiating with an unbearable heat. But, for the moment, the girls and I were safe, the potentially lethal attack effectively thwarted by my intervention.

With my intervention providing a brief respite, the girls were quick to seize the opportunity and mount their counterattack. Sera, her eyes blazing with a dark, blood-red light, called upon her magic with a powerful incantation: "Bloody Chains!"

From the ground at the magma salamander's feet, dark, crimson chains shot up, entangling the behemoth in their grasp. Each link seemed to pulsate with a life of its own, constricting tighter with every movement the salamander made in its attempts to break free.