135

The instant I opened my eyes, a surge of eagerness and thrill consumed me, setting the tone for the rest of the day.

Turning my head, I saw Draco sleeping peacefully with a content expression, breathing deep and even—but not for long anymore.

"Draco, wake up." I said, resting my hand on his collarbone as I leaned in and peppered kisses on his cheek.

He turned his face the other way and stirred slightly but didn't wake up.

With a mischievous smile forming on my lips, I slipped from under the sheets and got to my feet.

As if my bed was a trampoline, I started bouncing on it.

Soon enough his eyes went open, his once calm expression torn between annoyance and amusement as he tried to grab hold of my flailing ankles.

"Good morning!" I chirped, grinning from ear to ear.

"What time is it?" He grumbled, but I could see the ghost of a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Time to wake up." I replied, still jumping up and down on the bed before I collapsed onto the bed beside him, giggling.

"Is that so?" He drawled, his voice raspy.

"Yep, so get up." I said, playfully poking his cheek with my index finger.

He groaned and buried his face into my pillow, adjusting himself into a comfortable position.

Without any warning, I snatched the duvet from him, revealing his black boxers causing him to grumble and goosebumps to form on his skin in the sudden cold.

"We're leaving at eleven." I said determinedly.

"Yes, ma'am." He answered, his voice still groggy from sleep.

The chilly December morning air hit us as we stepped out of the castle with our trunks and owl cages flying behind us.

As Professor McGonagall kindly arranged, there was a single carriage, that would bring us to Hogsmeade, waiting for us in the Entrance Courtyard.

My eyes were drawn to the Thestral attached to the carriage. The winged horse had a skeletal body, a face with reptilian features and wide leathery wings that resembled a bat's.

The reason why I could see Thestrals tried to dampen my mood but it failed because I'm going to spend Christmas with Draco and Remus—a thought that could help me to produce a corporeal Patronus.

After Draco and I stepped into the carriage and we set off to Hogsmeade, our baggage continued to follow us.

The carriage came to a halt when we arrived at the border between Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. It was guarded by two male stern-looking unfamiliar Aurors, though Malfoy looked rather uneasy like he had seen them before, presumably in the Ministry.

As I approached one of the Aurors, I reached inside my coat for the permission from Professor McGonagall to leave Hogwarts.

With an unreadable expression, he took the roll of parchment in his hands and read it.

The wizard looked back and forth between Draco and me before he gestured with his hand towards Hogsmeade, allowing us to proceed.

After I walked us to a somewhat empty spot in Hogsmeade, I summoned Kreacher and ordered him to take our things to Grimmauld Place and then come back to Apparate us to Grimmauld Place.

*:・゚✧*:・゚˚⋆☽

With a loud crack, the three of us Apparated in the dimly lit hallway of Grimmauld Place, the candles perched precariously on the walls threatened to go out to the abruptness of our arrival and the impact of Apparation.