76

« Even the stars. According to astrologers, every year on this day for thirteen years the stars are at their brightest and balanced with the darkness from today's date and history. »

I have never forgotten reading that line in the letter Remus sent me exactly a year ago on October 31st, 1994. Always remembered it, and kept it in the back of my mind for next year's Halloween which is today, October 31st, 1995

Ever since a year, I knew I wanted to spend today here, in the Astronomy Tower which is the tallest tower in the whole castle, making the view of the stars and a couple of constellations tremendously charming and beautiful.

A million times, I've fallen in love with the Wizarding World and tonight once more. There's no electricity to light up everything outside — there's barely light pollution, and there are no car exhaust fumes or those from planes or anything along those lines.

As a result of all that, the sky here above Hogwarts is unstained. Thousands and thousands of stars are visible, forming constellations, shining bright, telling their stories, twinkling, dying, shimmering,...

"Scorpius constellation," Malfoy spoke in a low voice, "It has eighteen stars," his tone was relaxed, carefree, "and it represents a scorpion which was, according to Greek mythology, sent by Artemis, the goddess of wild animals, to kill Orion, a hunter." He explained it as if he was counting up from one to ten, with ease and beyond that.

Malfoy and I were not only breaking the rules by coming here to the Astronomy Tower which is not allowed if there's no lesson, but we were somewhere in the tower where we are not even allowed to go during a lesson with Professor Sinistra.

There's a door which leads into a turret and that turret is open, its roof is supported by graceful pillars and in the middle there stood a solar system model in iron.

We could both fall down any moment — it was by the edge, unprotected and dangerous.

Yet, I felt more than safe, on his lap, having an arm around my waist, his hand rubbing my back now and then.

While my legs were dangling, his were laying full on the cold stone floor. He was sitting against one of those pillars with his back, his head resting against the pillar as well.

"Orion is also the name of the Black brother's father. Orion Black." Malfoy said, "He married his second cousin, Walburga Black."

It's weird talking about her considering the woman is in a portrait hanging on the first floor in Grimmauld Place.

"That's gross." I commented.

"It's called inbreeding." He chuckled.

"Yes but from the same family?" I frowned, turning my head to him for a moment before handing my attention over to the stars again.

"The Black family has always been known for it. All pureblood families, even yours once."

Those words made me instantly want to be a Muggle-born, only being that sort of witch or wizard gives you the certainty you don't marry someone related to you even if it was five or six generations ago when two persons became related to each other as a result from inbreeding marriages between pure-bloods from a long time ago.

My arm was wrapped around his neck, fingers slipping into his hair every so often. My other hand was laying in his, on my thighs. Malfoy was making our fingers leisurely play with each other, fidgeting.

Everywhere but where my body was touching his was cold. I reckon it was like that for him as well, except for his hand which was in touch with mine.

As always, his hand was cold and mine was warm.