113

Although I had been harsh to Dumbledore, I did bother to think about all the things he said in the little free time we had now as a sixth-year students.

Of course, I want Voldemort dead and if we need something from Professor Slughorn in order to do that and only I can get that job done, then I want to help but I don't like how Dumbledore's always gotten everything mapped-out.

"Amelia..."

Harry might be Dumbledore's lapdog but I won't.

"A-mel-ia..."

Then again, I want to succeed in getting that something Dumbledore desires very dearly because it helps the wizarding world to get rid of Voldemort.

"Draco shirtless..."

"Huh?" I said, turning my face to Lyra.

"Then she reacts." Lyra said, cocking her head as she smirked at me. Blaise, next to her, chuckled quietly.

It was after dinner, and everyone sat cosily in small groups in the Transfiguration Courtyard on the grass and a couple of benches, enjoying the sunset.

I felt the third wheel with Lyra and Blaise but they both said it was fine about a hundred times, yet it didn't wholly feel good but it was only temporary.

"Not funny." I said, slapping her arm. "What d'you want?"

"I know that face, what's the matter?" She asked in a mild voice.

With my hand resting in my lap, I was twirling a lock of hair around my finger. "Oh, no, nothing. What do you guys think of Professor Slughorn?"

"Quite all right. He came to congratulate me yesterday morning for becoming captain of the Quidditch team." Lyra said happily.

"Pleasant bloke." Blaise said, nodding approvingly. "He's talking about having dinner next week with a couple of students, including you and myself."

Lyra gasped dramatically and placed her hand on her chest. "What about me? I'm the coolest person to walk this school." She tossed her long brown hair over her shoulder, sassily.

"Slughorn got a bit of a thing for Slytherins taking Potions." Zabini said.

"What about Malfoy and Nott?" Lyra questioned. "Will they be invited too then?"

"No...Theo's father used to be old friends with him but given recent events...Same goes for Draco." Blaise said, glancing at me.

Sighing, I diverted my gaze to a group of girls near us that giggled loudly, my ears picking up the words the chosen one causing me to look across the courtyard at the Golden Trio.

Ron was talking, Hermione was frowning at him and Harry was paying no attention to him, instead, he was staring at Malfoy who was also present in the courtyard, with Nott and Parkinson.

That was now the umpteenth time this week.

"I'll be right back." I said to the couple next to me before I got up and made my way to Harry.

"Harry." I spoke, looking down at him.

"Amelia." He spoke in the same tone, looking up at me as he shielded his eyes from the sun.

"Handsome, isn't he?" I asked, leaning on one hip.

"Who?" He frowned.

"Malfoy."

Ron snorted which was met by a glare from me.

"Are you queer?"

"What?" Harry blurted out. "No, you are queer. Why would I be queer?"