97

"Potter," Malfoy called with a spark of naughtiness as he walked behind me toward the Great Hall for dinner.

"What?" I asked, throwing a quick glance over my shoulder at him.

"Your stocking."

Looking down at my legs, I saw that my left black see-through stocking had sunk a little.

Of course, he noticed.

I came to a halt to fix it and whilst I was doing that, Malfoy walked into me as I stood in a slightly bent position and jokingly banged me from behind with his hands on my hips.

"Still in your funny mood, huh?" I asked as we proceeded to the Great Hall. He had been like this since we first saw each other this morning.

"Had a dream about you last night." Malfoy smirked, "Forgot to tell you."

"Yeah?" I asked with an impish smile forming on my lips.

"Mh," He hummed.

"What happened?" I questioned.

"Just, you and me...in bed," He said blatantly.

I gasped dramatically in an amusing way, "That's dirty- what did we do?" I shot him a bold look.

"Something involving breaking educational decree number thirty-one."

Educational Decree Number Thirty-one: boys & girls are not permitted to be within 8 inches of each other — firstly, it was only six but Umbrige changed her mind apparently.

"Really, eh? Where did those inches go then?"

"Inside you." He deadpanned.

With wide eyes, I looked at him as we both walked along aside from the long Slytherin table while he chuckled lowly.

"A letter came for you, mate," Nott said as he handed the blonde an expensive-looking envelope as we joined Nott and Parkinson.

Letters during dinner were unusual.

I put some chicken on my plate as I watched Malfoy read the letter, his face turning rather uneasy and paler than he already was.

"Cad a deir sé?" Nott asked, noticing the change of demeanour on the blonde his face too.

Malfoy didn't answer yet, his eyes repeatedly reading certain lines in the letter.

"Bhuel?" Pansy asked, immediately clicking her tongue after she realised she was still talking in Irish due to presumably sitting alone with Nott before us, "I mean, well? What does it say?"

I wasn't a big fan of the fact that Parkinson was also taught Irish from a young age by Nott, so all three of them spoke the language. However, I had already grown accustomed to feeling somewhat excluded ever since I went with Malfoy, as Nott and Parkinson came along with him like a package deal.

I often have a hard time being around the three of them together. They are a trio of stuck-up, arrogant, wealthy purebloods from the Sacred Twenty-eight, heirs and heiresses to their families, so it can be tough to be in their presence if you're not of the same status.

I guess they accept me whatsoever because I, too, have a status but another kind, and of course, due to Malfoy, because if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be sitting with any of them.

"Nothing." Malfoy finally answered as he put the letter away and started on dinner.

After dinner, it was time for another Occlumency lesson and I had a feeling it was going to go bad because I failed to use it during the night when I saw bits of Harry dreaming about a door that he desperately wants to open in the Ministry.