90

"Siriuuuus!" I called happily as I descended the stairs at a quick pace.

"Mh?" He hummed in response from the drawing room.

Today Sirius and I had the house for ourselves. Harry and Remus had left for St Mungo's to visit Mr Weasley, together with the rest of the poor man's family, who didn't get to spend Christmas at home due to his injuries. After that, they will probably be socialising for the rest of the day in the Burrow.

Walking into the room where the tune from Spread Your Wings by Queen was echoing in every corner, I saw the thirty-six-year-old man laying lazily on one of the sofas, his legs hanging over the armrest.

Considering Sirius and I are both fans of the British rock band — he even more than me — it was the only thing being played on Remus his gramophone.

There was a glass of whiskey hovering within hand reach next to him, he had a cigarette between his fingers and his other hand was holding a thin stack of pictures which he was observing with a mix of different emotions.

"Can I make something in your hair?" I asked with a playful smile, rolling the hair beads, I was holding, between my fingers.

"Have at it, love." He said in a casual tone, blowing the smoke out of his mouth, the fireplace covering up the smell, "How do you want me?"

"Oh, you can stay like that." I said as I moved to the sofa and sat down on my knees, next to his head.

As I started making little braids with hair beads entangled in them in his black shoulder-length hair, Sirius started telling me about the people in the picture.

"Marlene McKinnon," He began, his finger showing me a very pretty blond girl in the aged picture, "She had tattoos, a couple of piercings and always wore a red colour on her lips. She was an amazing witch, really."

"Was?"

"You know the picture from the Order back during the First Wizarding War?"

"Yeah."

"Well, she's in that picture too, and two weeks after it was taken she and her whole family got killed by Death Eaters...Then Mary Macdonald," He gestured for me to look at another pretty girl, this time with a dark skin colour.

"Again, an amazing witch...wish I knew what happened to her." He sighed.

"You don't know if she's dead or alive?" I wondered out loud.

"I don't, but there were rumours in Azkaban...they said she obliviated herself after attending James and Lily's funeral and is now living a happy life as a Muggle. Happy and safe."

I didn't know if I had to think that decision is understandable or selfish.

"Then, Dorcas Meadowes," He pointed to a second black witch, "She kinda reminds me of you."

"How?" I questioned with a small smile.

"Well, she was in Slytherin, very talented, and her speciality was Potions." He explained.

"What happened to her?"

"Too talented she was. She killed many Death Eaters...Voldemort killed her personally as a result. It was cruel."

My fingers stopped with their movements for a couple of seconds at the words. Sirius describes Voldemort his actions as cruel while I am pretty sure of it that there doesn't exist a word that describes all of the crimes Voldemort did in his life or were done for Voldemort by his followers.

Sirius skipped himself in the picture he was in with the three girls and continued to the next picture in the stack.

"This was taken at my cousin's, Bellatrix, wedding. Oh, it was awful." He scoffed at the new picture, a smile playing on his lips but not genuine.