86

It felt as if November arrived two weeks ago but it was soon, actually, already December — the end of term and the Holidays coming in sight which I have been looking forward to since the summer.

The days consisted of attending lessons, making tonnes of homework, having fun with Lyra, having another kind of fun with Malfoy late at night in Hogwarts its majestic castle and getting taught Defence Against the Dark Arts by Harry who was after Professor Lupin, the best DADA teacher, I think, Hogwarts has ever known.

Today was Dumbledore's Army's last meeting of this term in which we went over the spells we learned over the last weeks and there's one of which I can't seem to have a hang of.

The Impediment Jinx: a jinx that hinders, slows down or stops the movement of the target.

As I was leisurely walking through the castle, making my way to the Slytherin Common Room, I was practising the wand movement of the jinx.

I quickened my pace when I came into the Slytherin Dungeons. It was already a couple of minutes after curfew and I preferred to not encounter Snape.

Walking around the corner after I descended the stairs, I was scared to death when I saw Malfoy casually leaning against the stone wall with a displeased look on his face.

I really need to do something about my bad conscience because one day, I'll literally scare myself to death, or I could also stop misbehaving but what fun is that?

"What am I gonna do with you, Potter?" He sighed, his Adam's apple going up and down.

Of course, Malfoy catches me this one time Lyra isn't by my side because she wasn't in today's Dumbledore's Army meeting considering Zabini wanted to hang out with her, and Miss Quidditch has her priorities.

While Malfoy wasn't amused with me wandering the castle, I was. Highly even. I guess it's fun to annoy him.

"How did you even know it was me?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"The sound of those," He gestured to my shoes, my black Mary Janes, "Well?" He asked, demanding an answer to his question.

I shrugged, "You tell me." I said unsurely since I wasn't sure what he was thinking right now.

"Oh, there's loads of things I wanna do to you." He scoffed, eyeing me up and down as he separated himself from the wall and moved closer to me.

"Do to me?" I wondered out loud with a pinch between my brows.

"What part of curfew do you not understand?" He asked, looking up and down.

"I'm not breaking curfew. I'm on, erm, a secret Inquisitorial Squad mission on my own." I lied unconvincingly, smiling.

"You're not wearing your badge, Potter." Malfoy said dryly.

I'm only wearing the badge if I'm attending Umbridge her lessons or when I'm actually working for her, the Inquisitorial Squad.

"Er- well, yeah, because like I said, it's secret." I said matter-of-factly, chuckling.

"So curfew?" He asked again, "Not clear to you?"

"Don't be like that." I said, "We've broken curfew already so much together." I reasoned, leaning on one hip.

"Exactly, Potter. Together." He said in a serious voice, his jaw twitching.

I sighed, "Come on, Malfoy. We've spoken about this dozens of times now-"

"Indeed, we have and you're still not doing as you're told." He said annoyedly, stashing my hair behind my ear, "It's really not that hard to stay safe in the Common Room."