99

Mainly because Dumbledore, Harry and I got scot off free, at least, I consider it like that because the only punishment we got is detention with Umbridge tonight.

The rest of Dumbledore's Army actually comes completely unpunished out of this.

It was a miracle for which I was grateful because I don't think I would've handled it to see Lyra or Luna or anybody else from Dumbledore's Army in pain and their hand covered in blood.

Dumbledore's gone and Umbridge is Hogwarts' Headmistress now, but weirdly enough nothing changed — mentally, it felt like this for months now.

The hardest part was yet to come, however, facing Malfoy.

Sorrow and anger were bitter emotions, yes, but sorrow's tears can dry with time and anger's fire can fade in kind – they were nothing against disappointment which cuts so deep and makes an ugly wound.

The worst bit was the healing part because the sting burns.

He looked so incredibly disappointed in me, waiting outside the Headmaster's office, or Headmistress' office now.

It could've made me cry here and now but I didn't because I felt like I didn't have the right. I knew what I signed up for and I knew what I was doing with Dumbledore's Army behind Malfoy's back.

Besides, if I can rely on my intuition I was going to have another reason to cry today. I felt it. The lump in my throat –ready to make me choke– I created in Dumbledore's office as my thoughts uncontrollably drifted off to Malfoy and what his reaction would be.

"Remember what I told you, Malfoy. If you hurt her, in this case for her not telling you about this, I'll hurt you worse." Harry spoke, his voice stern.

"Get out of my sight," Malfoy said sharply, glaring at him, "I'm so fucking done with you."

"Just now?" Harry raised an eyebrow, looking over his shoulder as he proceeded.

Malfoy watched my brother walking off, his jaw twitching twice, while I didn't take my eyes off him, scared I was not going to manage to lay my eyes back on him and come across the heavy look on his face.

Only when Harry disappeared out of his vision, he turned his face to me, meeting my eyes.

His gaze sliced like a sharp ointment, it was painful. His eyes made me feel stupid and blameworthy for every crime ever committed.

That big was the regret.

"What's your punishment?" He asked coldly.

"Got detention tonight...in Umbridge's office at eight o'clock." I added instinctively because normally he always wants to know but now it was presumably a very unnecessary thing to say.

"How long?" He asked, his tone still colder than ice could ever be.

"How long what?" I brought my hand up and started fidgeting with my necklace.

He huffed, "Don't fucking play with me, Potter."

"First Dumbledore's Army meeting was on the first trip to Hogsmeade," I admitted, embarrassed. That was at the beginning of October and we're at the beginning of May now. "I never went to the bookshop to buy Hermione a birthday present."

He nodded, and suddenly he was walking away from me.

"Please, Malfoy, shout at me. Scold me. It doesn't matter. But not this." I pleaded as I followed him, "Not this, please."

He stopped dead in his tracks and turned himself around, "You've been lying to me for seven months...I don't wanna talk to you right now."

With tears streaming down my face, I made my way to my dorm where I was waited upon by Lyra who was still unaware of everything that happened since the moment Harry bellowed at everyone to leave the Room of Requirement.