103

Bless Grawp (Hagrid's brother) and the herd of centaurs that took Umbridge away to Merlin knows somewhere deep into the Forbidden Forest.

"How'd you get away?" Harry asked with amazement, frowning.

"Puking Pastilles." Ginny said proudly. "It was pretty tough." She said, raising her eyebrows.

"Told them I was hungry, wanted some sweets. They told me to bugger off and ate the lot themselves." Ron explained, chuckling.

"That was clever, Ron." Hermione commented, looking at him with disbelief.

"Has been known to happen." Ron said in a mature voice, shrugging.

"It was brilliant!" Neville cheered.

"Perfect." I said dryly, killing the happy mood that was hanging over them, "How're we getting to London?"

"Well, we'll have to fly, won't we?" Luna said matter-of-factly.

"Look, it's not like I don't appreciate everything you've done. All of you, but, I've got you into enough trouble as it is." Harry said, glancing at me.

Everybody fell silent except for Neville, who turned to me.

"I don't know the ins and outs of what's happened with you, and, I think M-Mal-" Neville cut himself off at the look he was receiving from me. "I mean to say we're in this together, aren't we? Dumbledore's Army is."

I shifted my gaze from Neville to Harry, to Luna, "So, flying...how?"

"With the Thestrals, of course." She replied dreamily.

*:・゚✧*:・゚˚⋆☽

Department of Mysteries.

On fear and adrenaline, we stood with the seven of us in front of the door Harry has been dreaming about for months now.

From the moment we stood within an arm's length from it, it swung open.

Walking inside, I felt my heart pumping harder and faster with the second.

The room was as high as a church and full of nothing but towering shelves covered in small dusty glass orbs, glimmering dully in the dim light issuing from candle brackets set as intervals along the shelves.

Goosebumps covered every inch of my body. It was very cold in here and I was scared because I couldn't hear anything or see the slightest sign of movement which didn't match what Harry saw in the vision of Sirius getting tortured by Voldemort.

"You said it was row ninety-seven." I whispered, emotionlessly.

"Yeah." Harry breathed, looking up at the end of the closest row. "We need to go there...everybody, keep your wands ready." Harry said softly.

Only then I realised how tightly I was already grasping my black wand.

We crept forward, glancing behind us as we went on down the long alleys of shelves, the further ends of which were in near-total darkness.

Tiny, yellowing labels had been stuck beneath each glass orb on the shelves. Some of them had a weird, liquid glow, others were as dull and dark within as blown light bulbs.

As we passed row eighty-four....eighty-five...I listened hard for the slightest sound of movement but if Sirius was here, he might've been gagged now, or unconscious like- no.