136

As the day drew to a close, my face began to ache from the constant, unrelenting smile that had accompanied me throughout the day, particularly due to the presence of both Draco and Remus so close to me.

Despite the discomfort, I was still smiling as I sat at the head of the long dining table with my legs crossed and a large container of pistachio-flavoured ice cream in front of me.

"Are you two sure you don't want some?" I asked Draco and Remus who were sitting on either side of me, gesturing towards the container.

"No, thank you." Draco said, shaking his head.

"It's all for you." Remus said in a mild voice.

I smiled and took another scoop of ice cream, savouring the minty flavour.

"Right," I began, searching the words for a thought that lingered in my mind. "everything said during dessert, stays between the three of us. What do you think?"

I looked at Remus first. "Of course." He said, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

Then I looked at Draco, his grey eyes glinting in the light of the candles that flickered on the table.

"Sure." He said, leaning back in his seat.

"Have either of you two ever heard of someone called the Half-Blood Prince?"

"The Half-Blood what?" Draco questioned, frowning.

"Prince." I said, watching him closely for any sign of recognition.

"There are no wizarding princes, princesses or anything like that." Draco explained. "Why?"

"Harry found this old Potions book, and it belongs to someone who called themselves the Half-Blood Prince. He wrote spells all over it, spells he invented. I think one of them was the Dangling Jinx."

"Oh, that one had a great vogue during my time at Hogwarts." Remus said reminiscently. "There were a few months in my fifth year when you couldn't move for being hosted into the air by your ankle."

"You know, last year when Snape was teaching Harry and me Occlumency and things went wrong for a moment, we saw, like, this quite unpleasant memory of Snape, with you," I said, looking at Remus, "Sirius, Peter and also Dad...he used it on Snape."

"Yes," Remus sighed. "But he wasn't the only one. As I say, it was very popular. You know how these spells come and go."

"But it sounds like it was invented while you were at school." I persisted.

"Not necessarily." Remus said. "Jinxes go in and out of fashion like everything else."

"I see." I said thoughtfully. "Well, Harry seems to be quite taken with the book. Wherever he is, so is that book. He's becoming a bit obsessed with it actually."

"Obsessed?" Remus repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I've spoken to Hermione about it. He's been trying some of the spells."

"Well, he should be careful." Remus said, leaning forward.

"I know but you know him...he's not one to be deterred by danger." I sighed.

"That's true." Remus said with a chuckle.

I nodded before something else came to my mind. "Harry's got a bit of a thing for Ginny."

Draco glanced for a moment too long at Remus before his eyes returned to me.

"You miss him, don't you?" The blonde said with a subtle sympathetic-like look washing over his face.