79

My eyes shot wide open and I found myself sweating and breathing heavily in the middle of the night.

It was another dream — nightmare — with Voldemort in it. The umpteenth one these last weeks and it's slowly but surely ruining one night's sleep after the other.

I straightened myself and removed the duvet from my upper body. I was feeling cold and warm at the same time, itchy. Uneasy.

Everything, even my four fellow witches were green-tinged. I was in my dorm, my eyes confirmed, reassured. Safe. I was confused and had a slight headache.

I've been reading every night before I go to sleep to have a dreamless sleep as Hermione said but it's not working anymore.

These dreams are becoming strange. Almost as if they're something more real than just dreams.

It's scary but I don't feel alone because I know that Harry has them too, and worse. Much worse.

In silence, I reached for my wand on my bedside table and got up limply from my bed to head to the bathroom.

"Lumos," I whispered, laying my illuminated wand down next to the sink.

For a minute or two-three, I held my hands under the warm water, slowly getting myself sleepy again.

Subsequently, I snuggled back into my bed...only to stare at the ceiling for what felt like hours, and not being able to sleep

From hopelessness and a strong desire to wanting to sleep, I went for the Common Room.

As usual, when I come here if I can't sleep, I sat down on the carpet in front of the fireplace, leaning against the side of one of the two black leather sofas with my back and head.

At 2:21 AM I was alone in the Common Room.

At 2:22 AM I was no longer alone in the Common Room.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him, moving from the boys' dormitory hall to me.

I scoffed, looking up at Malfoy, noticing different colours around his left eye.

He looked down at me, a smirk settling down on his lips, "Leave if you want." He said as he sat down next to me in the exact same position;

With Malfoy sitting here next to me, rather close, the flashbacks (the fight) from five days ago, started to play in my mind.

It has happened, I told myself, time cannot be reversed and nothing more can be done about it.

Leisurely, I felt my breathing slowing down – the combination of the fire that was cracking and producing popping sounds and Malfoy his presence seemed to be the cause.

I turned my face to the right, looking at him, my gaze lingering on his black eye.

Rapidly, he diverted his eyes from the fire to me, running them quickly over me.

He gave me a nod – what?

"How come you always know I'm here, in the middle of the night and join me?" I wondered out loud.

"Coincidence." He answered, his tone oblivious.

I took my eyes off him, turning my head back to the fire and went along with his useless answer.

"Considering you've barely spoken to me these last days, I had to do it with a version of you in my head...imagining that version talking to me," He brought up his hand, moved it closer to my face and started tucking my hair behind my ear, stroking my black waves, "and that every second, minute and hour of the day, unless when I'm asleep because then it's dreaming that I do about you – that's usually how things are between us." From my indirect vision, I could see him, feel him, observing my face with a handsome smirk on his lips.