108

During my Muggle-being childhood, I faced several challenges that affected the way I perceived myself as a girl.

I had to wear my cousin Dudley's oversized and unattractive clothes. Not only did they not fit me properly, but they also made me the target of ridicule and mockery from my non-magical classmates in primary school.

Aunt Petunia was always critical of my appearance, especially my hair which she considered untameable and hideous. Instead of putting some effort in to make it look good, she would cut it very short and unevenly which made me feel self-conscious and dislike my hair.

Another struggle is that I often went through periods of starvation as my uncle Vernon would withhold food from me as a form of punishment—my body has never gotten the chance to develop properly as a result.

It's for that reason, throughout my life I never wanted people to look at me for my physical appearance and everything along those lines.

Today, however, I wanted people to look at me for exactly that single reason and not something else but it happened nevertheless.

Every witch and wizard stared shamelessly at me, and the pairs of eyes that weren't darted onto me were on my brother who was further down Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, surrounded by Hermione, four red-haired people from the Weasley family and two Aurors.

I imagined everybody had their gaze on me because of my clothes, the way my body looked in them and my hair, and not because I was the Ministry's darling which had become a (loathsome) nickname for me over the summer in the Daily Prophet.

It was a relatively warm and humid first September.

I wore a simple fitting black maxi strap dress with an open white shirt over it with the sleeves rolled up one time and for shoes, as usual, a (new) pair of black patent Mary Janes, making me a few inches taller.

My long wavy black hair cascaded down my back, reaching my lower back and a hair clip held up the half-up hairstyle I had made.

I had my hair grown out with a complex to-brew potion called Manegro Potion which causes the hair on the drinker's head to grow out rapidly—I thought I could use a change.

I had my wand held firmly in my hand while there was no need for it, really. As Harry, I had two grim-faced bearded Aurors in dark robes by my side because Rufus Scrimgeour, the new Minister of Magic insisted on it.

Unlike my brother, who looked thrilled to have two Aurors by his side because he wants to become one himself while that's impossible because he didn't get an Outstanding on Potions, I wasn't a fan of their presence around me.

I felt safe, yes, (although with Remus alone I would've felt safe too) but they made me feel uneasy as well and caused even more eyes to be drawn in my direction because their attitude was impressive.

With the four of we came to a halt to wait in the queue of people to hand my trunk and owl cage with Silvermist inside to the man responsible for everybody's luggage.

My eyes roamed the platform. I searched for Draco's tall figure, hoping I would come across his eyes. We were going to see each other back today and I wanted that moment over, in whatever way it'll happen.

Instead of noticing the blonde, I became aware that a group of students who stood closely and whom I remember to be Hufflepuffs huddled together and cast furtive glances at me while whispering to each other.

"You'll be all right." Remus said as I felt him putting a hand on my shoulder and pulling me closer.

While the two Aurors stayed in the queue with my belongings, Remus made us walk further down the platform to a spot that made a gap between all the people.