7

"He asked, never considered catching Black yourself? And he also said, I quote, I'd want revenge."

Speaking in a hushed voice, I kept my tone low, cautious about the sensitive topic of Sirius Black.

My eyes darted around the surroundings, scanning for any signs of eavesdroppers or prying ears that could potentially overhear Harry and me discussing the matter.

Because I had spent all yesterday afternoon and dinner with Lyra, I hadn't had a chance to talk to Harry about the mysterious things Malfoy said about Sirius Black.

I grappled with conflicting thoughts, feeling torn between believing Malfoy's statement and doubting its credibility.

On one hand, there was a nagging feeling that I might be foolish to trust anything Malfoy said, given his history of trying to be interesting.

Yet, on the other hand, it seemed too coincidental that his words contradicted what Ron's father had mentioned.

Harry considered my words. "What if he wanted to sound interesting again, and he meant revenge because Black was a loyal follower of Voldemort?"

"I've thought about that too, but there's got to be more. Why revenge on Black, specifically, of all his followers? I mean, being a follower isn't a motive for wanting revenge in this case. Unless—"

"—there's something we don't know," Harry said.

"Exactly," I said as we both leaned back and sighed.

Harry's gaze shifted towards Malfoy for a moment before he turned back to face me, his expression serious.

"You have to find out, Amelia." He insisted, his voice resolute.

"Thank you for the idea, but perhaps you could give me an idea on how to find out?" I asked dryly.

"I can, actually. Do you remember what Hermione, Ron and I did to get information loose about the Chamber of Secrets? You transform into Goyle, and I'll transform into Crabbe to help you." Harry suggested with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"That's not an option, Harry. Polyjuice Potion takes over a month to brew, needs many ingredients, and it's very complicated. Speaking of, I've never understood how you three managed to let that work."

"Hermione did that part. I wouldn't know either." Harry admitted.

Bless Hermione, really.

"Any other ideas?" I asked.

Harry huffed. "Maybe you can talk to him instead of bickering?"

"That's funny and far too optimistic."

"You can always try." Harry shrugged.

I frowned at him. Did I forget to mention that the person in question we're talking about was Malfoy?

"I've got a better idea." I motioned for him to lean in closer to me across the table, mimicking my posture. "What if we slip a Truth Serum in Malfoy his drink—"

"Potter,"

I was taken aback like never before in my entire existence, as Professor Snape's waspish voice suddenly sounded behind me.

"Which one, sir?" I asked, feigning innocence while my heart was about to explode inside my chest.

"The both of you." He said, throwing a glance at Harry before his suspicious gaze landed on me again. "What are you up to?"

"Er—" Harry and I began in unison.

"Nothing of importance, sir." I quickly responded, maintaining a calm demeanour. "Just enjoying our breakfast."