111

"Have you ever considered not getting in trouble in the first days of school?" I asked as if I hadn't been given detention by Snape myself yesterday evening while leaving the DADA classroom.

"You really are the person to say that." Harry sneered. "Snape tried to jinx me in case you didn't notice, Amelia." He fumed while putting his copy of Confronting the Faceless Black.

We practised non-verbal spells in our first lesson with Snape as the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.

Harry and Ron were partners, but Ron wasn't doing it correctly, so Snape aimed his wand at Harry to demonstrate to the redhead. However, Harry yelled Protego before Snape could finish his non-verbal spell, sending Snape crashing into a desk.

As a result, he'll have to spend a week in detention.

"Anyways, I've got a free period now." Harry said as he saw a lovely brunette from Gryffindor staring at him. I scrunched my nose as he sent her a smirk in return.

"No, you meant to say: I didn't get an Outstanding for Potions so I can't take Potions." I mocked.

"Yes, all right. Rub it in." Harry rolled his eyes and cast me a grumpy look before he moved to Ron who left the DADA classroom together with Dean and Seamus, followed by Malfoy who I was waiting for to go together to the Dungeons for our first Potions lesson.

The blonde looked me up and down as he walked passed me, heading in direction of the Dungeons.

The first day of school, like it does every year, was complete and utter chaos. It took students 10 times as long to go to class since they didn't know their way around the castle, and first-year students often ended up in the Hospital Wing after hurting themselves or others due to their lack of wand control.

The main corridor was the worst to get through but it wasn't for Malfoy and me. Everyone got out of the way at once while gawking and whispering unsubtly.

Are they still together?

I heard they raided his house.

Apparently, she declined the new Minister his offer to become an alliance.

How is he still welcome here in Hogwarts?

Look, it's the Ministry's darling...

Abruptly, the whispers were covered by Nott his voice sounding loudly through the corridor.

"Emergency! Emergency!" He yelled.

Looking behind me, I saw that students moved aside as Nott together with Zabini made their way through the crowded corridor, running, and soon they caught up with us.

"You two here as well, fine things." Nott said as he swung his both arms around my neck and Malfoy's, separating us.

"Apparently." I said dryly, glancing at him.

"Mate, get a grip on Theo." Malfoy said to Zabini who was eating a pumpkin pastille.

After five minutes, we arrived in the Dungeons where we saw a total of only ten students, including the four of us, progressing to N.E.W.T. level in Potions.

Four Slytherins, four Ravenclaws, one Hufflepuff and one Gryffindor.

Three guesses as to who that Gryffindor was...

"Need some help with that?" I suggested as I watched Hermione struggle to arrange her books in her shoulder bag.

"Oh, yes, please." Hermione said gratefully as she handed me a few heavy books and assignments such that her hands were free.