Chapter Fifty-Five: Goodbye, For Now

Cami's POV:

I continue to pack Rhea's bag as she tucks in Beck for the night. She insisted that she would give him his bath, read him his bedtime stories, and sing him to sleep so that I could take a bath, but that was three hours ago. I do believe she did all those things, but from the sound of the roars, screams, and giggles I heard coming from his room when I got out of my bath... I can tell she got distracted.

I take one of her shirts, placing it to the side so that I can keep it as I patiently wait for her to enter the room. I've been trying to distract myself from her leaving tomorrow. Things have felt so right with her home, I don't want to even think about her leaving.

I feel myself become saddened as I look down at her suitcase, wishing she didn't have to go. I know it's selfish, but all I want to do is beg her to stay. I don't ever want to watch her walk out that door again... it hurts too much.

I hear the door slowly open as my eyes lift up to meet hers as she enters the room. My heart instantly flutters in my chest as the corner of my lips turn upwards at the sight of her.

"Stealing again?" She asks, her eyes directed at the shirt I tucked away as she closes the door quietly.

"I don't know what you're talking about. This is mine." I say, throwing the shirt on my dresser.

She smiles as she puts her hands in her pockets and walks over to me.

"Ah, a simple misunderstanding. I could have sworn I had a shirt just like this one." She says, her finger tapping the shirt.

"Weird, because I've always had that one." I say, pulling my eyes from hers as I bite back a smile.

She just chuckles as I feel her presence closer to me, my heart racing in my chest as her scent becomes more prevalent. Her hands reach around me, delicately tracing my abdomen as her arms wrap around me and hold me from behind. My body instantly melting at her touch as I feel my stomach flutter.

"Hi, my love." She says softly as she places kisses along my neck.

"Hey." I say, turning around and draping my arms around her neck so I can kiss her.

We share a few slow and soft kisses, melting into each other's touch and breathing in each other's air. We've hardly had time to ourselves today, which is unfortunate since she's leaving in less than twelve hours.

"Don't go." I plead as I rest my forehead against hers.

"I wish I didn't have to, but I have to go back to school and it's too risky for me to stay." She states.

I sigh as I bring her close to me and hold her in my arms. I know she's right, but I wish she wasn't.

"I saw you talking with my mom today... was that weird after knowing she heard us?" Rhea asks with a smug smirk as she parts from me and sits on the bed.

I blush in embarrassment, "yeah, it was at first... but we actually had a good conversation."

Rhea arches her brow as she moves the suitcase off the bed so I can sit next to her.

"We talked about divorce." I say, taking a seat next to Rhea.

"Oh?" She asks, waiting for me to elaborate.

"My divorce." I say, my eyes meeting Rhea's surprised ones.

"Wait, what?" She asks in disbelief.

"I'm divorcing him, Rhea. I want us and our future, so I called my divorce attorney this morning and I'm meeting with her next week. I'm doing it. I'm doing it for us." I say confidently.

Ethereal {WLW}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें