Chapter Fourty-Seven: Familiar Faces

Rhea's POV:

It's been two days since I started staying at my moms and it's been... weird.

My mom and I never had a close relationship. She was busy with work, so often it was my dad and I. Her and I don't know much about each other and it feels like we're starting from scratch.

I wake up the sound of the blender whirling as I snap my body upwards out of fear. It's not fair to expect her to change her habits for me, but a smoothie at 6 in the morning? This is actual hell.

I sigh as I rub the sleep from my eyes and feel my back ache from the uncomfortably of my mom's couch. I reach my hand back, trying to rub out the pain as I get up and make my way to the kitchen.

I miss Cami's bed, but more importantly... I miss Cami. 

It's been hard enough to sleep at my mom's place with my head and heart feeling heavy, let alone the rock solid couch fucking up my back and keeping me up. My mind doesn't get a break from the never ending thoughts of Cami's lips, her smile, and every other small detail about her.

 She's all I think about.

I've tried journaling and running, but it's too hard. The running reminds me of her. I see her in every blonde hair that passes me and my heart hurts too much to let my body properly exercise. It's working too hard to work through my grief, that it doesn't have room to do much more.

The journaling has also been difficult. Reliving the memories cuts me open everytime and causes many tear stained sheets to become unusable. My heart can't handle it and neither can my head or hands.

My body has never felt weaker as I feel like I'm mourning someone that isn't even dead.

I shuffle into the kitchen, still half asleep as the blender blends the living hell of whatever concoction she has in it. I cover my ears as I open the fridge, the light causing my mom to turn around and suddenly turn off her blender.

"Did I wake you?" She asks.

No, shit.

"I couldn't sleep anyways." I grumble.

"Still thinking about her?" My mom asks, pouring her smoothie into two glasses.

"I don't think I've stopped thinking about her." I admit as my mom hands me a glass.

I try my best to fake a smile as I enjoy this half ass excuse for a breakfast. It's nasty. It tastes healthy and I don't want that right now. What I really want is to eat my feelings until I've been put into a food coma.

"Want to go to the flea market today?" My mom suddenly asks.

I raise a brow at her. She's never been to a flea market, let alone show interest in one. Is this another part of her new chapter?

"Why the flea market?" I ask, choking down the rest of the smoothie.

"Well, school starts in about a week and I was thinking we should get you some decor for your dorm." My mom explains.

She's right. I do need decor.

My last dorm I let Savannah have compete control over its design because I donated everything that reminded me of Emory when I finally moved out. I didn't have a damn thing to decorate my half with, so I left it up to Sav, and now we won't be roommates.

The thought breaks my heart even more. Fuck, I hadn't even thought about how different this year would be. Would I run into her? What would she say if she saw me on campus? There's plenty of people that I might not ever see her, but I doubt that I'd have that luck.