Chapter Thirty-Three: All Good Things Must Come To An End

Cami's POV: ⚠️ Mentions of Domestic Violence⚠️

It's been a week since Ethan came home and he still hasn't left.

Everyday Ethan's appearance has become more disheveled as he lacks basic care for himself.

Whatever he had with his assistant was clearly more than just physical, he had an emotional bond with her and because of this, he is in a state of depression.

He hasn't left the house since he came home and won't leave the family alone. It was so bad that when Rhea and I attempted to have alone time by going on a run, he decided to invite himself along. It was so awkward having to deal with the one sided tension as Ethan struggled to keep up, being too distracted on his breathing to notice Rhea's death glares.

Speaking of Rhea, she has hardly been home. She's done anything she can to avoid being around Ethan, which means she's been hanging out with Sienna, Savannah, or has been at the soccer field. It breaks my heart being at such a distance with one another.

The only good thing that has came from Ethan being home is, he's genuinely trying with the boys. It won't last forever, but he's been playing and reading with Beck, and he's also taken time to listen in on Graham's guitar practice. It's minuscule in the grand scheme of things, but it's something.

Him having more time for the boys has also allowed for me to have more time at work. I've decided to keep my work life on the down low with Ethan, not letting him know my commissions or how well I've been doing when in reality, this week I've had the most closings I've had all summer.

I've spent most of this week dedicated to work and I've decided to put aside all my commissions for divorce fees. It's going to be expensive, but I can't be at this much distance with Rhea. I need to get this divorce moving.

I rush into the office and sit down at my desk. It's a complete mess with old coffee cups littering it and paper work galore. I've tried keeping myself so busy, that a few things have kind of fell to the back burner.

I sit down in my chair and the mountain of chaos in front of me causes me to break down. I haven't had a moment of peace in the last week and I feel so burnt out. All I want is to see Rhea.

I silently sob in my office as I run my fingers through my disheveled hair. I'm going to look like just as big of mess as Ethan if I keep going at this rate.

I take out my phone and my thumb hovers over Rhea's contact information. We've limited our texting, as I don't want Ethan to become suspicious of us, but I really need to hear her voice right now.

I'm about to click the call button when I hear a knock at my door that startles me and sends my phone flying out of my hand.

I let out a grunt of frustration as I fetch my phone from the floor and try to fix myself up, but I can't help but feel angered at the inconvenience. Why can't I have a fucking moment alone?

I walk over to the door and fling it open to see Naomi standing outside of it with two cups of coffee in her hands.

"Geez, wake up on the wrong side of the bed did you?" She asks. 

I feel myself sigh in relief that it's her of all people and motion for her to come in.

"I thought the damn door was going to fly off its hinges when you opened it." She states as she enters my office.

"It's been a rough week." I state.

"I can see that." She says as points out my cluttered office.

"Just give me the coffee." I state as I extend my hand.