Chapter Three: Judge, Jury & Executioner

Rhea's POV:

It's the day after the pancake incident and I've kept to myself since the incident occurred. I fear that showing my face downstairs might end up with my name in an obituary with Cami's current state. I didn't mind keeping to myself though, I was actually enjoying my alone time until Savannah busted open the guest bedroom's door and popped her head in.

"You dead yet?" She asks.

"Give me about 2 more hours and I might be." I respond.

She laughs as she fully enters the room.

"You've got to get up. Don't let the witch win or you're going to have a miserable summer." She says as she strolls over to the bed and rips the blankets off of me.

"You taking the blankets off of me without my permission might have been the tipping point. This has officially become the worst summer ever." I say jokingly.

She giggles, "you know you love me."

"That's becoming questionable." I say as I get out of bed and start to get changed.

We make our way downstairs, but Savannah quickly steers us out the front door. I'm assuming she's doing this to keep me from running into Cami, which I'm appreciative for. We walk over to her grandma's bus and go inside. Her grandma has renovated the bus into a living quarter where she has plants everywhere, a bed, and even her own little kitchen where she's been cooking something that smells delicious.

"Eat up." Her grandma orders as she puts a plate out in front of me.

Her bus is too small for a dining area, so she set up a table and a few chairs outside of the bus that we can sit and eat at. The food is really good, and she spends the next few hours telling us about her adventures around the states as well as telling me her life story.

Glenda left her parents house the minute she turned 18. Her and her boyfriend at the time travelled until they were broke, eventually doing side gigs to help them get to the next place. She tells me about how they eventually joined a commune, where they both experimented with their sexualities. Her boyfriend discovered he was gay by doing this and ended up breaking up with her, but she held no hate in her heart towards him. They actually became really good friends and he even hooked her up with her girlfriend that she had in the past.

She tells us about how eventually she went on her own solo travels and visited damn near every European country. She tells us about her many lovers and how eventually she got pregnant on this European trip and had to come back to the states. She needed stability and most her friends were here.

Glenda has a comforting aurora around her. When she speaks, she's very animated. Sometimes it feels as if she's lived many lives and I guess that's what traveling does to you. Having that many experiences and expanding your world must be a real eye opener.

We continue talking until I see a soccer ball slowly roll my way.

"Want to pass the ball back and forth?" Graham asks.

I look at Savannah, who gives me a reassuring nod to go play with him. I start to get up and his grin turns to a full smile as he runs to retrieve his ball. He then leads me to the front of the house rather than the back.

"Are you supposed to practice up here? You have your nets in the back." I state.

I'm not looking to piss Cami off more than I already have.

"We're just kicking the ball back and forth, there's no harm and doing that up here." He responds, his eyes never meeting mine.

I arch my eyebrow, "are you sure about that?"