Chapter Thirty-Seven: Old Ladies

Rhea's POV:

"Okay, slow down speed racer." I say, hunching over to catch a breath.

"Come on, don't let the old lady beat you home." Cami says, jogging in place.

It's been a few days since Savannah officially gave us her blessing that we could be together and while it's been great, we've still been keeping it low key. One, because Glenda still doesn't know and two, because we still want to be respectful of Savannah. It's her house too and she still needs time to adjust, meaning we still try to keep our interactions at a minimum in the house.

"Speaking of old ladies, when's your birthday?" I ask, straightening my posture.

Cami stops jogging and her jaw drops, "you did not just seriously agree that I'm old."

"It's okay, I like them older." I say flirtatiously, bumping her shoulder as I walk past her towards the house.

I look back to see her blush as she follows me. She's so cute that it physically hurts.

"Okay, but seriously... birthday. When is it?" I ask, walking up the driveway.

"August 1st." She says softly.

I whip my head around to face her as the panic sets in, "that's only a few days from now."

"Yeah." she says.

"And you weren't going to tell me?" I ask.

"You'd figure it out." She says, shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah, when everyone's got a gift for you but me!" I exclaim.

She smiles softly as she walks over and cups my cheeks, "Rhea, it's not that big of deal. I'm going to be 36, birthdays aren't that important when you get to be that age."

"No... no, you deserve to be celebrated no matter how old you get." I protest.

She smiles, "you're cute, you know that?"

I frown, "are you seriously not planning to celebrate?"

She sighs, "we'll probably have cake or something. It's not that big of deal."

I shake my head, "no... no, we've got to do something."

We both enter the house, Cami parts from me to go take a shower and I search for anyone in the house. I can't believe these fuckers weren't going to inform me about Cami's birthday.

I look into the living room, dinning room, and kitchen, but there's no one. I then decide to venture upstairs, because someone's got to be home.

I reach the top of the stairs, hearing the light strumming coming from Graham's room. I smile slightly as I walk towards the music and bust open his door.

"Hey! What the hell!" He exclaims.

"Were you not going to tell me your mom has her birthday coming up?" I ask.

"I thought she'd tell you, she's your... whatever she is to you." He says.

"Well, she didn't tell me until today." I say, closing his door.

He laughs slightly, "could you imagine if she never told you? You'd look like a total dick on her birthday."

"This isn't funny." I say, flicking his forehead.

"Hey!" He exclaims, holding his forehead.

"What are we planning? Does anyone have anything planned?" I ask frantically.

"I don't know, ask Savannah. She always plans mom's birthday, I just show up with a gift." He says, rubbing his head.

I sigh, I really didn't want to ask Savannah. She's going to think I'm such a bad person for not knowing.