Chapter Fifty-One: Savannah Turns 20

Rhea's POV:

My co-worker and I finish the last bit of the Halloween decorating as the last few minutes of our shifts tick by.

It's been a month since Savannah and I repaired our friendship and things went back to normal fairly quick. There was an adjustment period that we had to feel out, but it wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought it would be.

Savannah and I now hang out regularly. She comes over to my dorm a lot, clearly trying to catch the attention of a certain girl that I share the dorm with, despite my warnings to not get involved.

Savanah has also met my family though video chat, winning over their hearts just as I thought she would. Sometimes I think she has radar for when I'm calling Dean and Lena, because she always pops by when I'm on the phone with them and takes the phone to talk to them herself.

I love the bonds they've all found within each other. It makes me feel like my family is a little more pieced together, despite it being almost three months since I left Cami's... things feel a little better every day.

My heart still longs for Cami and its still hard overhearing her voice when Savannah revives a call from her or I hear her in the background when Graham and I video chat. I still hold out hope for us and no girl has caught my attention. She's still the first thing I think of when I wake up, the last thought I have before falling asleep, and she's even creeped herself into every one of my dreams.

"I think it looks good. What do you think?" My co-worker asks as we both look at our hard work.

My eyes wander the gym, taking in the fake cobwebs, mirror decals, window decals, as well as the two electronic machines that we found on sale to scare our customers. I honestly think we did a great job, and I'll be a little upset if our boss doesn't appreciate how dope this setup is.

"I think it's perfect." I say, my hands resting on my hips.

He smiles, "me too."

I mirror his smile as I check the time on my phone.

"Dante, is it chill that I dip? I want to try to get to the store before it closes." I ask.

He nods his head, "go ahead. I'll lock up."

I thank him as I grab my bag and head out the door. I'm instantly engulfed by the cold October air as I exit and throw my hoodie over my head as I run to the store a couple blocks away. 

Savannah's birthday is this weekend and with all the working I've been doing, I haven't had a whole lot of time to get supplies for the party. The party is kind of my gift, along with a few other things.

Savannah's birthday was making me kind of nervous for numerous reasons. One reason is because I'm planning a party for her and another reason is because she has a birthday dinner that her and Sienna have planned for before the party. I have no clue who is coming to the dinner and Savannah won't leak any information other than to meet at her dorm room at 5.

I exit the store, consolidating all my items into my bag so that I'm not carrying multiple items as I run to the dorms. I make it back in record time due to the frigid air keeping my body from slowing down, trying to create any type of heat it can during my run.

I observe everyone's dorm room doors and their themes as I make my way to Riley and I's dorm, which is zombie themed with caution tape and decals that Riley made to look like dismembered body parts on the door. It honestly surprises me that we haven't gotten a complaint from the college about it being too graphic, but I'm not going to worry about it.

I open my dorm room and my eyes grow wide as I see Savannah passed out on Riley's chest. The sound of me entering instantly causes Riley to open her eyes as Savannah stirs on her chest.