Chapter Seven: Daddy's Home

Rhea's POV:

Yesterday felt like a fucking fever dream.

Cami and I actually talked, like we said words to each other that didn't involve yelling or accusations being thrown my way. I felt like I actually had to pinch my skin and make sure I wasn't dreaming before I went to bed last night.

If you told me a week ago that'd we actually have a normal conversation, I'd tell you that you were crazy.

"You're in a good mood." Savannah states.

I was belting all the songs on the radio at the top of my lungs as we were on the way to Graham's first game of the season. I felt like I actually had a new found energy after yesterday and I guess I wasn't doing a good job of hiding it.

"Heh, yeah. I'm excited to watch Graham's first game." I explain.

I mean, it wasn't a total lie. I was looking forward to the game to support Graham as well as maybe get myself a job for the summer? I had really thought about Graham's offer to become his second coach and figured I could use the income, even if it wasn't the best pay.

"At least one of us is." She says in an irritated tone.

We pulled into the school and looked for Cami and Beck in the stands. They had to come earlier to drop Graham off so he could run a few drills before the game. I know he was really nervous about today, but he's going to do great.

In the sea of people, I easily spot Cami. She has her shades placed on her head as she wears a bored expression on her face. Beck is on her lap and looks to be playing on her phone while they wait for the game to start. I look back at her and she's already looking at me. She smiles a soft smile before looking away and I feel a mini fireworks show go off in my stomach.

I lead Savannah up the bleachers and I sit next to Cami. I can't help but smile at her as I sit down and she mirrors my reaction. I'm instantly overwhelmed by the hints of bergamot and cedar from her perfume. This smell has quickly became my favorite. 

"Mommy, I want to sit on Rhea's lap." Beck says.

She looks at me, "is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, totally." I say before picking him up and placing him on my lap.

I look out on the field and see Graham looking into the stands. Beck and I wave our hands wildly so Graham is able to easily spots us. He notices us quickly and smiles a big smile before waving back.

I also notice his coach. She's young... real young. She looks like she could have just graduated from high school or could even still be attending. She also looks very overwhelmed.

The game starts and I quickly pull out my journal, clicking my pen a few times before writing anything. I also give Beck a pen, allowing him to doodle on the opposite page that I'm working on as I decide to take notes on what the kids need to work on and it's a lot. Defense is everywhere,  they are unable to stop the ball at the right times, and have little awareness of their surroundings.

"Someone's deep in thought." I hear from a somewhat familiar voice.

I look up to see Sienna standing above me with a big smile.

"Um, yeah. Just making a few notes on what the kids can work on." I explain.

Sienna takes a seat next to Savannah, who coincidently has a very full bladder the second Sienna sits down. Savannah excuses herself and Sienna takes this opportunity to sit closer to me. I look over to see Cami side eyeing me as the interaction carries on.

"Planning on becoming a coach for the team?" Sienna asks.

"Yeah, I need some income and figured this would be a good fit for me." I respond.