Chapter Forty: Happy Birthday, Cami

Rhea's POV: 🔞NSFW Warning🔞

We didn't end up fucking until 8:43. By the time 12 came around, Cami was far too sore to continue, but it worked out for me because I have a lot to get done before 8:43 am.

I look at the clock, seeing it is 5 am. Cami is still passed out on my chest, far too exhausted to feel my movement as I exit the bed.

I quickly unzip my suitcase, putting clothes on before grabbing her gifts that I bought and the gifts the family sent with me. I make sure to keep my secret gift well hidden in the bottom of my bag until later tonight.

I bring the gifts out to the living room, displaying them so that it's the first thing she notices when she walks out here.

I quickly and quietly exit the house, getting into the car to head to the 24 hour grocery store to pick up some supplies for breakfast as well as her favorite wine. I can't help but smile to myself as I bring the items to the front, checking my phone to make sure I have enough time to get everything prepped.

I load the supplies in the car before searching up the flower place that Savannah and I discovered a few nights ago. I made sure to email the owners, giving them a heads up about my hefty order and what kind of arrangements I'd like so they'd be able to have it ready by the time I needed it.

I enter the shop, ringing the bell to indicate I'm there before seeing a little old man appear from the back, struggling to hold my arrangements in his hands. I quickly step behind the counter, grabbing it before it tumbles as we both slightly laugh.

"She's a lucky girl." The man says. 

I shake my head, "if anyones lucky, it's me."

He smiles softly and I thank the man, tipping him for all his hard work before quickly heading the bakery close to the flower shop.

It's officially 8, I quickly bring everything inside and turn the stove on the minute I am able to situate everything. I need to be quiet but fast, I don't want to miss the 8:43 mark.

I make Cami her favorite breakfast, brioche french toast with a vanilla bean sauce. It's something she's only mentioned to me in passing, but I remembered it nonetheless.

I plate her food, adding varies berries to her plate and grabbing her cup of coffee before carefully watching the time. I have one minute and I slowly make my way towards the bedroom, doing my last count down. Ten, nine, eight, seven...

Three, two, one, "Happy birthday, dear Cami..." I sing as I enter the room, her eyes slowly fluttering open.

She smiles brightly at me as she slowly sits up, pushing back her wild bedhead.

"You didn't have to do this." She says, looking up at me with admiration as I hand her the tray of food.

"I wanted to." I assure.

She smiles softly, "come here."

I sit next to her in the bed, feeling her hand grab my jaw and pull me to her lips.

"I'm never letting you go." She states, looking at me with a soft expression.

I smile, feeling my heartbeat against my chest. I think today is the day I'm going to tell her... I'm going to tell her that I love her.

***

"Why won't you let me see?" She asks, my hands covering her two eyes as we make our way to the living room.

"Because... it's a surprise, Cami." I state.

"I don't like surprises." She protests.

"You're going to like this one." I whisper in her ear, taking my hands off her face as we enter the living room.