Chapter Thirty-Five: I'm Still Here

Rhea's POV:

We finish up practice and I say goodbye to all the kids as they depart and head home for the evening.

It's almost been a week since Savannah found out and she still hasn't said a word to me. She's got over wanting me to leave, but acts like I'm not there anymore anyways.

It's been extremely hard on me to not be on talking terms with her and it's shown. I haven't been present at practice and we lost our last game because of me. I just can't seem to get out of my slump, no matter how hard I try.

Cami has been super supportive this last week, doing regular check-ins with me and attempting to talk to Savannah, but her words fall on deaf ears. Savannah is more angered with her than she is with me. She's called Cami every name in the book; slut, bitch, whore and so much more.

Cami has done a phenomenal job handling her daughters venom, not letting her outbursts get to her and understanding she's coming from a place of hurt.

She's stronger than me, because I'd be crying on the regular if I was in her position.

I try not to let my thoughts linger on the situation too long as I pull out my phone to see where Sienna is.

Graham didn't come to practice today because Cami needed to meet with a buyer later and Savannah refuses to do anything that has to do with me, so I had to get a cab here and Sienna offered to pick me up.

Sienna: I'm going to be a little late... sorry 😬

I sigh as I shove my phone into my bag and plop down on the bench. Just my fucking luck.

"Rough week?" Alex asks to the side of me.

I lift my head up to look at her, "you could say that."

She sits down on the opposite end of the bench. Things have also been awkward between the two of us since the kiss, which is another reason why our team is struggling. We don't know how to talk to each other and it's effecting their performances.

"Girl problems?" She asks.

"No, just friend problems." I say hesitantly as I play with my nails.

She nods her head, "Savannah?"

I look over to her and raise an eyebrow.

"It's just... I noticed she didn't come to the last game and she hasn't been driving you around." She says.

I shake my head as I look up at the summer sky. It feels like everyone knows what's going on in my life, no matter how hard I try to hide it.

"Yeah, we got into a slight argument, but we'll be fine." I state.

She nods her head as she plays with the strap on her duffel bag.

"I'm sorry, by the way." She says, tucking a strand of her black hair behind her ear.

I look over to her and her dark brown eyes meet mine, "I didn't know you had a girlfriend when I kissed you. I just assumed you were single because I haven't seen you out with anyone."

"It's okay... her and I are long distant." I say, committing to my lies.

She nods her head as she observes me, "how long have you guys been seeing each other?"

"Beginning of summer?" I say, looking down at my feet.

It's easier for me to lie when I'm not looking at the person I'm lying to.

"Where is she from?" She asks.

"Maine." I lie.

"How old is she?" She asks, her tone becoming more persistent.