Chapter Fifty: Starting Over

Rhea's POV:

It's been about three weeks since school started and life has been busy. I recently got a job as a receptionist at a gym, which allows for me to work after my classes until night and gives me a free gym membership, which I need.

I've been busy between classes, work, and making sure I'm making my regular calls to my mom, Dean, Lena, and Emory - who is having a little boy.

Emory was so excited when she found out that she sent me all the sonogram photos and even asked me to be his godparent. I know it sounds weird since I'm her ex, but I'm also her best friend. Grant didn't seem to mind much, especially since he knows I was a major push on their romantic relationship.

I flicked off the last few lights at the gym and lock up before making my walk towards the college. It wasn't a far distance, just a couple of blocks and it usually is the best time for me to clear my mind.

I feel a slight breeze pick up as I put my sweatshirt over my body and wonder how Cami is. I wonder if she's keeping warm, possibly wearing the sweatshirt that I left behind. I wonder if she thinks of me as much as I think of her, even though it's almost been a month since we last saw each other.

Cami doesn't have my new number, so there's been no way for us to contact each other, but I did give it to Savannah. I see her sometimes in passing and we occasionally catch up with each other over text. It's still fairly light, as I want to give her the space needed to forgive me and she needs feel comfortable speaking to me. I think we're getting there though, because she asked to meet up for coffee tomorrow, which I'm super nervous about.

Savannah also gave my number to Graham, who texts me regularly. He's been telling me about school, how he quit soccer, and every once and awhile we'll video chat to do guitar lessons, which Beck always has to find a way to interrupt in order to talk to me.

It's kind of weird being closer with Graham and Beck than their sister and mom in the moment, but Cami knows about the video chats. There's been a few times where she's walked in during one, usually to ask Graham a question, but lingers in the room like she has more to say. 

Nothing more is ever said though.

My teeth chatter slightly as the breeze picks up again. It's the only down side to walking at night, it's much colder than the day.

I enter the dorms, instantly being warmed by the heating inside. I quickly make my way to my dorm room and inside, see Riley exit the bathroom as I drop my things in our makeshift entryway.

"How was work?" Riley asks, her hair wrapped in her towel as her thin tank top reveals the outline of her breasts.

Despite how much she's showing, it doesn't do anything for me. Riley has tried though, not many times, but a few times when she's felt bored or felt like I was bored.

I'm never bored enough to fuck up a potential future with Cami.

"Fine." I state as I make my way over to my bed and throw my tired body on top of it.

Riley observes me as she rubs her lotion into her skin, "so, do you practice abstinence now or something?"

"Yeah, I'm trying to become a born again virgin." I joke as I roll my body over so I'm laying on my back.

It's supposed to be a joke, but I honestly am starting to feel like a born again virgin. I've been so horny and I reply moments with Cami over and over in my head, but part of me feels wrong masturbating to the thought of her body.

She's not mine anymore, I don't deserve to think about her like that. The guilt of that thought has kept me from touching myself. So, needless to say, I've been frustrated.