Chapter Fifty-Four: Our Family

Cami's POV:

I push back Rhea's loose curls from her face as I observe her beautiful face.

It's about eight in the morning and Rhea is still asleep, her back exposed to me as my fingers trace every freckle and scratch that my fingers left from last night.

Last night was intense... we've always had amazing sex, but there was something about the immense kissing and groping from missing each other that made last night feel different. I missed her touch and she fucked me so good that she definitely deserves some extra rest this morning.

I lean down, kissing her button nose lightly as my heart swells just by looking at her. Her lips slightly parted as soft snores escape them and her eyebrows slightly furrow as my lips brush her skin.

I litter kisses along her handsome face, gentle enough to keep her asleep as I kiss along her freckles, scars, forehead, cheeks, chin, jaw, and even eyelids. She's so perfect to me and my heart races as I exist in her space.

I've made a decision last night that I'm holding onto this morning as I've watched her sleep for the last hour. I need to call my divorce attorney and make the divorce final. I can't keep myself away from Rhea again. Last night solidified how much I desperately need her.

I slowly and carefully exit the bed as I find clothes to wear, slipping on Rhea's briefs as I pull an old t-shirt of mine over my torso before entering my bathroom and dialing the number on the card Naomi gave me.

I wait as I listen to the phone trill. She may not pick up because it's the day after thanksgiving, but Naomi insisted that she was very dedicated to her work and that she worked more than what was natural, so you'd assume that maybe she was there.

I feel the anxiousness grow in my stomach as the line continues to trill. Please pick up, I need this.

I feel my throat close as I hear someone pick up on the other end.

I feel myself grow so anxious that I almost hang up the phone, but I stand my ground as I disclose who I am and why I'm calling. I'm not wasting another moment without Rhea, even if it means my home life is going to turn completely upside down. 

***

I end the call, feeling satisfied with everything we discussed. I look at the time, seeing I spent an hour disclosing when we'd meet, the projected costs, along with some of the reasoning as to what the situation is and why I called.

I let out a tired and exhausted sigh as I feel the overwhelming desire to be held in Rhea's arms. I open the door and see she's not there, causing a bit of panic to surface in my chest. What if she regrets last night? What she thinks this is all a mistake?

I open my bedroom door, frantically making my way towards the steps when I hear my youngest son's laughter echo off the walls in his room. The sound has become so unfamiliar that it causes my ears to perk up as I make my way towards the door to open it, seeing Rhea and him practicing his flash cards in the middle of the room.

"Hey, mommy." Beck says, giving me a toothy grin as I enter the room, noticing Rhea wearing the sweatshirt and sweats she left here all that time ago.

"Hey, love." Rhea says, as she shuffles through his flashcards.

"Hey." I say, my heart soaring at the nickname as I watch their interaction.

Rhea holds up a card, helping Beck sound out the word. Beck has been really struggling to keep up, something that I've made aware to Rhea. Beck often finds himself frustrated with me when we go though his cards, but that doesn't seem to be a problem when he does them with Rhea.