Chapter Fifty-Nine: A Christmas Miracle

Rhea's POV:

The house is surrounded by Christmas music and smells of seasonings filling the air as Dean sings and Lena and I work on the food. Honestly, outside of Cami's family and their absence, this feels like the most Holiday cheer I've had in awhile.

Speaking of Cami, she's been really quiet over the last 12 hours. I've tired texting her and checking in to see if everything is okay, but I've gotten little to no response.

I try not to worry and hope she's just busy, but my stomach feels a little sick at the prospect of Ethan being home along with his parents. I'm just scared she's gotten herself into a bad situation and no one seems to be informing me of anything.

"Hand me the nutmeg." Lena instructs as she wipes her hands off on a rag, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I stop mashing the potatoes as I reach over my bowl and grab the nutmeg, quickly handing it off to Lena.

"Thanks, you okay?" She ask as she sprinkles nutmeg into her bowl of sweet potatoes.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I say as I redirect my task and grab the fixings to make the stuffing.

"Worried?" She asks.

I sigh as I place my ingredients down, "yeah, it's just... Ethan's dangerous and I don't want to be a bother. I can only text her so many times before it comes off as annoying or clingy."

Lena nods, "don't worry, little love. Everything is going to be alright." She says, wearing a sweet and reassuring smile.

I feel my heartbeat calm ever so slightly as I take a deep breathe and focus on the task at hand.

I begin tearing pieces of bread, letting my mind get distracted as my hands work. My mom and Lena fixing up the other sides to the left of me when the doorbell goes off.

"That must be Emory." Lena says, wearing a big smile.

"Here, I'll take over. You go get it." My mom says as she takes over and relieves me of my duties.

I smile as I quickly wipe my hands off and rush to the door. Emory had her baby a few weeks ago and the only people that have been able to meet him so far have been both Grant and Emory's parents. Emory wanted the birth to be low-key and wanted time with their immediate families before everyone met him, which I totally understood.

Today was going to be my first time meeting the little guy, along with my mom. We're the only people outside of Grant and Emory's parents to meet him, and I feel pretty honored, even though I'm the godparent.

I was honestly feeling a bit jittery with excitement as my hand rested on the doorknob, slowly opening it and expecting to Emory, Grant, and their newest addition, but my heart freezes in my chest as my eyes land on the most beautiful girl in the whole entire world at my parent's doorstep.

"Cami?" I ask, having a hard time believing she's in front of me.

Cami nods her head as she looks up at me, snowflakes landing in her perfect blonde hair and her long eyelashes as the snow below her makes her eyes look much bluer. Her white teeth match the color of the snow and her jacket as she smiles at me, making my heart feel as warm as it is inside.

"Get inside. It's cold." I say, pulling her in and grabbing the suitcase beside her.

My heart reverberates in my chest as I physically feel her in my grasps, letting me know she's really here. I shut the door, my eyes still on her as she takes a look around the house. I follow her eyes as they take in my photos on the wall, most of them being from my high school years when I had much longer hair.