Chapter Twenty-Five: No PDA Allowed

Rhea's POV:

I wake up to the smell of coffee and gentle fingertips brushing my hair back.

"Hmm?" I mumble as I try to open my sleepy eyes.

"Wake up." Cami softly says as she kisses my forehead and extends a cup my way.

I pull the blankets to my chest as I try to get my eyes to adjust to the morning sun.

"What time is it?" I grumble.

"About 7." She says.

"It should be criminal to wake up this early." I say as my eyes force shut.

"Would you stop complaining and take your cup." Cami says.

I take the cup, but never open my eyes as I down the substance.

"This isn't coffee?" I question as I open my groggy eyes.

"You don't like coffee, so I made you tea instead." She giggles.

I arch my eyebrow at her in confusion. How does she know I hate coffee?

"Don't think I didn't notice you dousing your coffee with creamer the other morning." She says.

I smile to myself, "Cam, this watching me thing is getting out of hand. It's borderline stalking." I joke.

"Shut up." She says as she takes my cup from my hands and pushes me into the bed.

She lands on top of me and lays her head on my chest.

"How much longer do we have until Beck wakes?" I ask.

"About an hour." She says as she looks up to look at me.

She looks intently at me as her eyes flicker around my face. She looks to have a million thoughts going through that pretty head of hers.

"What are you thinking?" I ask.

"About how I don't really know you... like, I know you, but I want to know everything about you and what makes you; you." She explains.

"What do you want to know?" I ask.

She tilts her head and searches my eyes as contemplates what she wants to ask.

"Was yesterday your first time that you almost got physical with someone over a homophobic comment?" She asks.

So, we're starting out deep I see.

"No... I was bullied pretty bad after I came out. My hometown was filled with a bunch of small minds with narrow thought processes. My hometown was small and with a dad that was such a big political figure for the area, word went around fast after I came out. I mean, I was kicked out and people quickly picked up on the fact that I was living with my exes family, so it became something my family had to address." I explain.

Her eyes scan mine as she attentively listens... never turning away or getting distracted as I speak.

"I was forcibly outed to my entire community against my will. It make me an easy target for those with nothing better to do than hurt others. I was called slurs, pushed into lockers, and looked at entirely different in a matter of a weeks." I continue.

"I had a lot of anger... anger for being kicked out, being outed, and being bullied - so I quickly started to act on it. I was very reactionary and got into a few physical fights, which enviably got me kicked out of my school." I explain.

Cami's eyes soften and soon I feel her make her way to the top of the bed and get under the covers with me. She lays the back of her head against my chest as I wrap my arms around her and her fingers dance along my arm.